VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BDR says "could not find valid path for these tools: X264.exe, tsMuxer.exe, etc. Never had a problem before the latest update. How can I tell it where to find the files it needs?
    Also, what does AVCHD patcher do?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What does inspect.exe says? It should be in the bdrebuilder folder or download from http://www.jdobbs.net/freeware/inspect.exe
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Everything is OK with regard to inspect.exe. I replaced the latest version with the next to the latest version fom a image backup. If I run the file from my file manager, it works as it should. If I place an icon on the desktop or in a toolbar it fails. Why does it work from the file manager and not from other locations? On the desktop, the ini file produced there, is not the same and practically empty, save only a few lines. This is very weird behavior. Perhaps, the reinstalling of FFDSHOW, haali, and Avisynth, that I did, recently to agree with the authors specs, caused the problem? How can I tell this thing where to go and find the files form other locations?
    Last edited by pepegot1; 31st Jan 2014 at 10:15.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You may need to repeat the installation process as administrator on Vista and above. What you are seeing may be permissions issues caused by not installing as administrator. I forget to do that sometimes myself when updating the program.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Before you do anything else, right-click the BDRB icon and run as administrator. BDRB should offer to configure itself; click yes. Assuming that doesn't do it, a re-install of the helper programs may be necessary.

AVCHD Patcher is unnecessary. That was useful a few years ago to ensure AVCHDs played correctly on some standalone players (Panasonics mainly, IIRC). That problem was fixed in BDRB many versions back.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I reinstalled FFDSHOW, etc. and still does not work. It's good when it works but, it is very temperamental. I will stay with the old version that works well.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pepegot1 View Post
    I will stay with the old version that works well.
    That's not a permanent solution as the developer has some kind of hook into the code where he expires old versions to force you to update. I suppose you could do the ugly trick of setting your PC clock back into the past and see if that will let you keep using the old version once it expires.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I created a new directory and unzipped the latest version to it. It does no play. My old version works, however.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pepegot1 View Post
    I created a new directory and unzipped the latest version to it. It does no play. My old version works, however.
    I usually have to use Cygwin (a Unix toolkit for Windows) to change the permissions on everything in the BDRB directory after I do that. You may have similar problems. It is possible to do that kind of permissions change under Windows but it's incredibly cumbersome to do so.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well then, I can hope for Slysoft's Slyce to appear after BD runs its course.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I've read a couple times that Haali splitter can get corrupted. A re-install may not fix it unless you first manually delete all files from the Haali folder. In other words, re-installing over a corrupted install will just corrupt the new install.

Did you try running as administrator? If you do that *after* any changes to the helper programs, BDRB should offer to configure itself.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search PM
    Can you post your configuration file and the exact error message. Are you running as administrator
    Quote Quote