VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    As for your original minimum, methinks you have confused yourself by combining video bitrates (the first two) with the audio bitrate (the last one)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thought I finally had this nailed ... Rendered in Vegas with those settings ... and then went to create 'single movie' in DVD architect and it reports file size as too big

The elemental streams are 4,409,375 video and 131,714 audio

Total 44541089 .... now understand that the biggest file size I can have to create DVD is 4.3Gb

So have to dial it down a bit.
    Quote Quote  
  3. this calculator: http://dvd-hq.info/bitrate_calculator.php would give you safe bitrate, around 7100kbps, so perhaps there is difference between them ... sorry about that, I thought that they are more reliable, .., as I said I start with 4.1 GB , having audio always about 256kbps, and using that 34400000/time_in_seconds and it always works, it is quick as well, btw you've been told to use 7100kbps

btw. 4451MB is 4.35GB
    http://www.matisse.net/bitcalc/?input_amount=4454&input_units=megabytes&notation=legacy
    but
    to suppose 1000 converting, not 1024 it is:
    http://www.matisse.net/bitcalc/?input_amount=4454&input_units=megabytes&notation=ieee 4.45
    So is it mismatch about those conversions, or DVD should have 4.37 capacity, so maybe DVD Architects chickens out, or it is really too much, don't know, I'm not in a liberty to know exact capacity of DVD ready for burning, I would have to look it up, (1000 vs.1024). Always to be cautious is a good idea I guess and strike 200kpbs or so .
    Last edited by _Al_; 3rd Feb 2014 at 14:12.
    Quote Quote  
  4. That looks a lot easier to relate to Template ... I'll give it a go .... thanks for the perseverance,
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK ... put the figures in the template ... setting audio for 320kb (AC3)

It gave me the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	calc.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	23348

Put those into Render template, and it gave me the Renders but when I load them into DVD Architect it still fails ...

Reporting file is too big for disc .... yet file is only now 5.1Gb 109% of disc size.
    Do I just need to dial down bitrate even further ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVD arch error.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	23349
    Last edited by Tafflad; 3rd Feb 2014 at 17:05.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Noticed one point .... Default video rate is set at 8 Mb (bottom of previous picture)
    On Calc program it had 'Bit rate limit default as 9.8
    It can be dropped to 8.0 .... but when I change it, only Maximum bitrate changes(drops to 7450) - so this may have no bearing ..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No bearing. 9.8 is the maximum for dvd-video. That includes LPCM audio. Think I already said that somewhere.

It seems the calculator takes into effect the audio bitrate so will deduct whatever you set there. You test that for a giggle by changing the audio bitrate back to 1,536. If I am right the video bit rate will go down by over 1000 kbps.
    Quote Quote  
  8. No, you do things correctly, there is some DVD Architect bug going on here. Estimated size is even bigger that was last time, it should be the other way.

-Press ok, ignore warnings and let it store to VIDEO_TS, Make sure re-compress is set to "NO" in both for video and audio.
    -Click Make DVD, Prepare project to a folder. It will store VIDEO_TS on hardisk. You do not need to burn anything. Click Browse for some folder you will store whatever DVD Architect will compile.

Make sure there is nothing in that folder before.

-After DVD Architect is done right click that VIDEO_TS folder and find out how it is big.

Definitely (it is all over web) DVD Architect could give you wrong estimates as for how DVD volume will be big.
    Last edited by _Al_; 3rd Feb 2014 at 17:30.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If a calculator can not give you a reasonably accurate result, it is next to useless. But it seems that the calculator itself is giving the expected answer whereas the final encode is not.

But, surely, if you are importing dvd-compliant video in to the program then the calculator is superfluous. The problem here is that our friend wishes to change the audio. To do that, if I read this correctly, the program MUST re-encode and include the video in to the mix.

Would it not be better in that case to export from the editor as DV (same as source) and then let architect do its thing.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post
    The elemental streams are 4,409,375 video and 131,714 audio
    You can't just add them up and decide you're OK. You're completely ignoring the muxing overhead, which is considerable. 80MB or so?
    Total 44541089
    You added wrong.
    ...now understand that the biggest file size I can have to create DVD is 4.3Gb
    Closer to 4.37Gb. Use a bitrate calculator.

And if this DVD Architect is causing you nothing but problems, as seems to be the case, just use AvsToDVD.

Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    No bearing. 9.8 is the maximum for dvd-video. That includes LPCM audio.
    It's 10.08 (audio, video, subs, if any). 9.8 is video max bitrate. Of course, with WAV audio that will force lowering the max video bitrate.
    Last edited by manono; 3rd Feb 2014 at 18:30.
    Quote Quote  
  11. There have been major problem getting AVStoDVD working ... (separate thread on this) author has now identified a bug in program when used with my media.

Anyway good news ... (well end result obtained)

I used the calculator on http://dvd-hq.info/bitrate_calculator.php
    This gave VBR parameters that aligned with Render Template fields.

If I used standard MainConcept template ... DVD architect advises too big for disk.

However using same settings but saving as elementary stream for video, and then running audio through separate Dolby AC3 render template .... resulting files drop into DVD Architect and create DVD with no issues ... so goal achieved.

Thanks to all
    Quote Quote