VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to find the MID of DVD. ImgBurn should tell me buit it does not only displays the CD drive info
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Assuming you have the dvd in the drive, you can look at Discovery Mode in ImgBurn. It will show the MID on the right side of the main window.

Alternately, you can use DVD Identifier.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Assuming you have the dvd in the drive, you can look at Discovery Mode in ImgBurn. It will show the MID on the right side of the main window.

Alternately, you can use DVD Identifier.
    thanks no one told me abouit the mode.Is this good?
    MID: INFOMEDIAA20
    Supported Write Speeds: 2x, 4x

and this MID: RITEK-004-48
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I'm not familiar with that Infomedia mid code. Some people have had good luck with various Infomedia discs, but they are not consistent.

Those particular Riteks are not the worst that they have produced, but I would not burn anything with them that you intend to store long term.

We're really down to just a few mid codes/manufacturers that are consistently recommended. Verbatim (AZO) and Taiyo Yuden are two good brands to look for. The only alternative that I would trust would be FTI/Falcon.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    I'm not familiar with that Infomedia mid code. Some people have had good luck with various Infomedia discs, but they are not consistent.

Those particular Riteks are not the worst that they have produced, but I would not burn anything with them that you intend to store long term.

We're really down to just a few mid codes/manufacturers that are consistently recommended. Verbatim (AZO) and Taiyo Yuden are two good brands to look for. The only alternative that I would trust would be FTI/Falcon.
    Ok will look out for Verbatim (AZO) and Taiyo Yuden . Thanks
    Quote Quote