VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using freemake video converter, to convert from flv to avi. Now the sound is out of sync, could reencooding be the problem ? John
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is obviously something going wrong in the process. I don't know if you are aware but many of the new Blu Ray players can play .flv files so there is no need to convert. I would suggest though changing the container to a .mp4 so that you can pause and fast forward the file when you are playing it on the Blu Ray player. You can do this with Video To Video Converter and make sure you use direct stream copy so that you are not recoding and choosing .mp4 as your new container.

As for your original question the best thing is to post some information about the original file you are converting using the MediaInfo program and then the specs of your converted file.

I also hope that you were careful during the installation of Freemake Video Converter so that you didn't end up with unnecessary programs and toolbars and such on your Computer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    ... I also hope that you were careful during the installation of Freemake Video Converter so that you didn't end up with unnecessary programs and toolbars and such on your Computer.
    That's a warning sign. I had that program in windows 7 once. For a short period.

The problem with audio sync could quite possibly be made better by doing 2 pass encoding, which I bring up because as I remember that POS program doesn't even support 2 pass. I could be wrong there but that program still sucked.

For any conversion to something using the .avi container, generally in xvid format, I'd use avidemux (which rarely chokes on any input file). For h.264, handbrake.
    Quote Quote