VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recorded an avi with Camtasia, and I don't know if it was because of file size or what, but I'm getting an error when opening in VirtualDub that:
    - AVI: Index not found or damaged reconstructing via file scan
    - AVI: Keyframe flag reconstruction was not specified in open options and the video stream is not a known keyframe-only type. Seeking in the video stream may be extremely slow.

I've gotten this before, and indeed searching was slow, but I think I was still able to edit it. But with this video, which is 1 hour and 47 minutes long, it only seems to be able to load about 8 minutes of it. I'd like to edit it down to just the first 55 minutes or so.
    Is there an alternate avi splitter I could use? I tried AVI Split Classic but it said it couldn't open it because it was written in ODML Avi. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try re-enocde it with VLC(if it plays it)
    or try AviUtl (try moving L-Smash reader to top priority if default setting has problem)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks much! I didn't even know that VLC could convert. Unfortunately, it crashed when I tried. Just downloaded AviUtl, and will watch your tutorial I found (thanks for that, too!)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Once open in VDub you could save it out again, this time to a lossless AVI (Lagarith, for example) if you have plenty of hard drive space. After that you'd have no problems at all.
    Quote Quote  
  5. lastly, try VirtualDubMod.
    According to an old thread here:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/241201-Splitting-ODML-AVI-files

It may handle 2+GB Avi File in ODML format
    Quote Quote