VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone, I have an odd issue I cannot figure out with a MP4 video I downloaded that i wish to make a DVD from. It is from a guitar clinic that was streamed live and there is approx 1hr at the beginning of the show where they were streaming but not recording anything. Kind of like the beginning of a DVD that shows you differing options to choose from and it loops continuously. Then the show starts and plays and sounds fine, but due to the initial section not really having anything on it when I try to add the file onto DVDflick it gives me an error message saying that there is no video in the file and therefore it will not continue the process. (see screenshot)

I guess i am trying to figure out if I could (easily) edit out the "no content" section from the MP4 and then burn the rest.
    Also, the whole file is 3hrs long and would not fit on a regular single layer dvd so it will have to be shortened anyway.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hope to play this on my home stereo on my DVD player and not be locked into viewing it on my PC!!

thanks
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SP32-20140128-111755.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	23218  

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try another mp4 to dvd converter like avstodvd(FREE), convertxtodvd($$), freemake video converter(ADWARE).

Because DVD flick hasn't been updated for a long time. Maybe you can try dvd flick "2" 1.3.0.9 if you haven't already, https://www.videohelp.com/download/dvdflick_setup_1.3.0.9.exe
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And you can edit the mp4 with avidemux. If it can open it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, excellent info Baldrick !!

Now I am assuming that if avidemux can edit the file I can burn whats left to disk with DVDflick?

My version is: 1.3.0.7 Is there a slightly newer version??

Does avstodvd work in conjunction with ImgBurn like DVDFlick does. They are really the only (free) software I have found that takes my MP4's and rather flawlessly converts, authors and burns them to dvd without playback problems or generating a boatload of coasters.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, I downloaded and installed avidemux and it did indeed open the MP4 file.

Now I got the "cut" part down and selected the section I wanted to remove, but i am not sure of the audio/video/output formats to choose from. They are set at the default settings when i installed the program. I want the formats and output to be the exact same as the file currently is so that I can have my DVDFlick burn the disk.

So I want MP4 720hd output, just like the file is now.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Set Audio and Video to Copy. Set the Output Format to MP4 Muxer. When you save, make a new file name with an .mp4 extension.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Kerry, I will try that and report back later how it went!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, that was very easy! Worked fantastic, relatively user friendly, and versatile software

DVDFlick loaded the trimmed video file and is at 98%- wow!

And preview playback with my JRivers Media Center was perfect with kick a$$ sound.

Now before i use DVDFlick, I am getting ready to download v2 as Baldrick recommended i do and was wondering if i need to uninstall the earlier version, or will the new install overwrite the old version?

This forum continues to be the place for all things video, has never let me down yet!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Sorry, I can't answer your question on the new version of DVDFlick, as I haven't used that program for a very long time. I prefer AVStoDVD, using the HC encoder and a two pass encode.

To answer one of your earlier questions, AVStoDVD can be set up to burn automatically with ImgBurn, though my normal process is to output to the hard drive and burn with ImgBurn separately.
    Quote Quote