VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello one and all.

Is there a good software to burn two - six (2-6) DVDs onto one (1) BD-R?

Thank you.

andy
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    multiavchd or bdrebuilder might work. But you can't keep any original menus.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I back up my DVD>MKV conversions to BD disc. I use VidCoder for MKV/AC3 conversions, giving me about a 2GB file with my settings of just the main movie, no menus. That would give you about 10 - 12 DVD conversions per BD disc. It's stored as data on the BD, burned with ImgBurn, UDF 2.50. But my computer reads them well enough and my Samsung settop Blu-ray player also reads them.

My settings for VidCoder and Ripbot are here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/361926-DVD-for-DLNA?p=2297727&viewfull=1#post2297727
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a software - to pay for - that is very easy for non technical types? "A software for the compleate idiot"?

I simply want to burn five to six DVDs to a BD-R. I only need a simple menu. But it needs to be a "few clicks to do the job".

OK?

Thank you.
    andy
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I think you're out of luck with that request.

If I only wanted a simple menu, I'd do this with BD Rebuilder. It is free to download and use, but is not an entirely simple program, nor is it intended to be. Read a guide for it, and follow the installation instructions at the doom9 BD Rebuilder bug thread. Instructions for making a compilation Blu-ray from several DVDs is found in Section 4 of that guide.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a software that has no menu? That would be OK to me.
    I want nothing complex.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have purchased and used DVD Cloner Gold. It is straightforward to use. But the BD-R that it makes - simply - does not work at all. I tried it on 5 different Blu-ray players (three standalone and one desktop and one laptop). I get a pink screen and it freezes the Blu-ray player. The techs told me to use a different BD-R and shut off all the programs running in the background. I did as they ask.......It still makes a BD-R that doesn't play! Why would they slel such a product?

I am very displeased with it and believe it to be a Beta software. I have requested a refund. Now I look for another "simple to operate" software that can burn 5 DVDs to a BD-R.

I did not think it would be difficult to find such a software.

Thank you.
    andy
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    If you just want to burn as data, it would be simple. You could put the DVD folders onto the Blu-ray disc with ImgBurn. But this disc would not play in a stand alone Blu-ray player. You could access the folders on a computer.

If your player supports mkv files, you could use MakeMKV to rip each DVD movie to an mkv file, then burn them all on the Blu-ray disc as data. There would be no menus of any kind, but it is possible that a player would be able to show a list of the videos on the disc and play them. It is equally likely that it would not work. That would depend on the capabilities of your particular player. This type of disc would work in a computer.

You might be able to add the mkv files from MakeMKV in tsMuxeR GUI and output as a Blu-ray or AVCHD, but I haven't tried this. Again, you would have no menu for navigation, and your player might not recognize it as a valid format. Edit: Just out of curiosity, I tried this with three dvds. It doesn't work well at all, unless you want movies that are joined together and play in a continuous stream.
    Last edited by Kerry56; 28th Jan 2014 at 15:02.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by andy jackson View Post
    Is there a software - to pay for - that is very easy for non technical types? "A software for the compleate idiot"?
    That's an extremely common question posed by noobs who do not understand that there is very poor standardization in digital video. It doesn't generally matter if you pay for it or not unless you're talking about stuff like editors that have actual professional applications.

A lot of complaints about programs you see here are for paid programs, and in almost all cases they'd have been better off with a free one.

I simply want to burn five to six DVDs to a BD-R. I only need a simple menu. But it needs to be a "few clicks to do the job".
    'Simply'? It may sound simple to you ...

OK?
    ... oooh ... scary ...

BTW, re your last post, if the software didn't create a menu, how would that simplify things?

You've had good advice from 3 knowledgeable video geeks. If you don't like it that's not their fault.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I don't normally recommend DVDFab products (other than their free programs), but you may not be as picky about output as many here at Videohelp.

So you might want to look at this section of DVDFab, called Blu-ray Creator: http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-creator.htm
    You will have a trial period to test it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hoser rob View Post
    Originally Posted by andy jackson View Post
    ok?
    ... Oooh ... Scary ...
    lol...!
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  12. What happens if there is simply couple of VIDEO_TS folders on BD, renamed, did anybody tried that?
    Quote Quote