VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

Threaded View

1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some mp4 files taken by my cellphone (haier w910 using bravo camera) stopped
    playing in my pc, while others do play. I tried with several programs such as vlc, windows mp, classical mp, quicktime, sony vegas.

I have checked with mediainfo and noticed that the bad ones (that do not play) has a tag:

Xtra : WM/MediaClassPrimaryID

while the good ones do not have this tag.

I could not find over the net enough information about such bug, unfortunately.

Can someone help? Is there a recommended way to remove such tag?

I am almost sure that I checked these files earlier in the pc. Is this possible that some software added this tag?

Thanks.
    Yuval
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you post up one of the files here to the forum so we can inspect it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have uploaded a file named "bad.mp4" to Google drive, ~50MB:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ekeVDodQvxZ2lDendZNXEycUU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks,
    Yuval
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Grau video repair tool could fix it. It's not free though.
    Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Grau video repair tool could fix it. It's not free though.
    Well, at least I know now that this is repairable, even if I do not understand what may have caused this problem. Understanding
    the problem is important, as I do want to keep use this cell phone for taking videos...

It seems that the problem may be either in the file transfer from the camera (using mtp), or in windows 7. All I did with the files were
    to rename and copy to another folder.

I checked some of the corrupted files, not yet deleted from the cellphone, and tried again to transfer to pc, rename and move to another folder. And this time no corruption. It seems to be one annoying bug, hard to reproduce.

The repaired file is upside/down, btw, but this is not difficult to fix in video editor.

Thanks,
    Yuval
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    But you can try remux your mp4 files with the free mymp4boxgui. Just add the mp4 and make a new mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    But you can try remux your mp4 files with the free mymp4boxgui. Just add the mp4 and make a new mp4.
    I tried your suggestion now, but unfortunately it did not work well. I tried also to demux the corrupted file (bad.mp4) with mymp4boxgui, but both the aac and h264 resulting files were not good.
    Quote Quote