VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Yes - If you didn't degrain/denoise first then any sharpening would sharpen grain as well (along with the other reasons mentioned earlier why typically degraining is done first)
    You said care must be taken not to sharpen noise so I assumed there was something more complex here, never mind.

This animated film may have warping sometimes but I'm not sure. It has only projector wobble from what I've seen but despite the 1080p resolution sometimes the wobble is half a pixel so stab() can't always make the right decision.
    Most of the scenes that have visible wobble ARE static. You don't really notice wobbling in moving scenes.

I don't think dewarping can be done auto but I'll be curious to know how well those tools would do without manual input if they exist.

Those are film splice edits. Difficult to fix. The usual "automatic" way in avisynth is to use the scselect script by didee (it basically replaces it with a dupe automatically, based on the threshold settings
    Yes, that's how I would imagine the easiest solution. But as I said some films zoom the keyframe in to hide that film damage artifact which would sabotage the threshold usefulness of the easy method you mentioned so I was wondering if mocha would dezoom this first frame and fill the borders based on the subsequent frame and make all the static frames rock stable.

Time and $ . Return on Investment. Only big remastered releases get truly fixed. e.g. Wizard of Oz .
    Sadly that's true. The animated feature I have here won an Oscar so I expected a little more especially from a goddamn studio that should easily be able to do twice the work we can with free tools on a home computer in just an hour for ****s sake. Wizard of Oz I haven't seen but I did hear it's one of the earliest films to be featured in full HD. The only film I can think of off the top of my head whose remastering work truly impressed me is Fantasia (1940) because I have a DVD to compare which is pure trash.
    Last edited by Mephesto; 24th Mar 2014 at 16:47.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Mephesto View Post
    But as I said some films zoom the keyframe in to hide that film damage artifact which would sabotage the threshold usefulness of the easy method you mentioned so I was wondering if mocha would dezoom this first frame and fill the borders based on the subsequent frame and make all the static frames rock stable.

It depends on the specific shot characteristics.

The pro version of Mocha has a remove module that replaces planar textures that can be used to fill borders (it's sort of like deshaker's border fill except more accurate), or motion track to replace areas in different frames, or using separate clean plates . If they are not planar surfaces - basically mocha is useless and the wrong tool to use in most cases

Anyways we're kind of getting off topic here and hijacking the thread

Start a new thread or PM me if you want me to have a look at it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My deshaker has become corrupted and I need to download another. Having trouble finding legit sites. Can anyone post me a link to a safe site?
    Quote Quote