VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a dream....

that I am able to add scoreboard to my previously recorded gameplay (tennis in this case)

This is how i would picture it working:
    There's a software/plugin in my computer/editor where i would change the score as i watch through the video and that software/plugin would be screencaptured. Later all i have to do is add my captured scoreboard moviefile on top of my gameplay file (overlay) and render the video. the result is video with scoreboard ontop.

Is there any kind of possibility or that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's all too easy............

You can use any image editor like the free Paint.NET to create your "Score Bug" and save as a 32-bit PNG file. Import your ScoreBug.png into your Video editor and overlay it on a track above your game video. Use you Video Editor to add and change the score text as needed throughout your game.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well that's one possibility yes. But let's say you have 2 hours of content and the score changes every minute on average. It's a bit rough to be changing the text 120 time
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is how i would picture it working:
    There's a software/plugin in my computer/editor where i would change the score as i watch through the video and that software/plugin would be screencaptured. Later all i have to do is add my captured scoreboard moviefile on top of my gameplay file (overlay) and render the video. the result is video with scoreboard ontop.
    Fine, then capture your game footage with the scoreboard. Import both games into your video editor and use a Track Mask to show only the scoreboard on top of your game.

Most scoreboards are static and should make this easy, you'll just need to make a custom mask. You can make it in Paint.NET (free) and save as 32-bit PNG with transparency. If you don't have an editor, you can do this very easily in AviUtl. I even did a tutorial on that.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. That's the thing also, that i'm not capturing any "official" game or anything, just want to add scores for fun into videos made with friends.

One workaround for this I found, though: Luckily there are some android apps around that help me modify the score with the click of a button. I just have to record android screen while modifying scores and import that video and put on top of my game video.
    I was just wondering if there was any similar solutions for this on PC.

But since soon i have lost all hope in this existing, I'll try to warm my coding skills up in visual basic and make that program
    Quote Quote  
  6. Search for "Tally counter"+ "javascript", and you should find similar solutions like this: http://flappity.com/online-tally-counter/
    You can scrape its .js file, customize it, then conduct a screen recording on the timer area while watching the gameplay video.
    You will still have to click at the right moment for 120 times though, and cost you 2 hr.
    If the game display a score board, crop to that area and process on it.
    Quote Quote