VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Philips BDP2100 and I found the region code here https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/philips-bdp2100/12174

Ok so it works but my problem is that it won't save it. It will erase the code when ever I power off the player. On that link there isnt any more info on getting the player to save it. Anyone have any info on how to have it saved, or any ideas on what other buttons to press to get it to save.

I have 2 other Philips players, they are dvd tho, and with both before, after I entered it, the code pretty much stayed saved.

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It may be a defect/design flaw of the player. I have an Insignia BD player that does the exact same thing - the unlock code must be re-entered after every power cycle. Typically Philips DVD players did retain the codes after losing power, just as you said.

Good luck. Perhaps someone knows a real solution. Do note, in case you don't know already, that typically North American BluRay players by Philips that get unlocked do NOT convert between PAL and NTSC at all. If that is the case with yours, you will need a TV that can handle a PAL signal when playing PAL video sources.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    It may be a defect/design flaw of the player. I have an Insignia BD player that does the exact same thing - the unlock code must be re-entered after every power cycle. Typically Philips DVD players did retain the codes after losing power, just as you said.

Good luck. Perhaps someone knows a real solution. Do note, in case you don't know already, that typically North American BluRay players by Philips that get unlocked do NOT convert between PAL and NTSC at all. If that is the case with yours, you will need a TV that can handle a PAL signal when playing PAL video sources.
    Well that sucks! Looks like I'm gona have to write it down somewhere. Well I have some dvds that I bought from Australia that are region 4, I think those are pal right? They all worked, and looked just like any other normal dvd that I have.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, Australia uses PAL. Consider yourself lucky. Either the player converts (previous reports were that Philips BD players did not do this) or you are one of the lucky people with an HDTV that can accept PAL input.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well my tv is nothing special lol so i dont think its the tv. It is an older projection tv, with only 1 HDMI input, its a JVC 48" widescreen. So I'm thinking its gotta be the player.

Looks just like this.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Try this:

1.- Turn On
    2.- Press the Home button on the remote.
    3.- Press 1389310 on the remote.
    4.- Press the power off on the front of the player.
    5.- Power on using the front of the player.

and let us know if it saved.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Does it save other settings (AV preferences, etc)? If it resets all settings to default after power off you should take it to service.
    Quote Quote