VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. When i play flv in windows media center windows 7 it plays a few seconds then restarts. Only does this with flv. When i play the file in wmp it doesn't restart but plays fine. I have tried removing and reinstalling codec but still the same. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Does this happen with all flv's or just that one? If just that one, then it's a problem with that flv.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. it is with all flv no matter what the video details. all other files play correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Others have reported FLV playback problems in Windows Media Center so just use another player. If you like wmp then use that but I prefer MPC-HC.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. wmp requires directshow flv splitter and decoder. if you have proper directshow flv splitter and decoder installed, you can play flv in wmp. you can register flv splitter as 32 bit.
    Last edited by enim; 24th Jan 2014 at 01:57.
    Quote Quote  
  6. the files play fine in wmp but when played in wmc they start and in a few seconds restart , no other format does that.
    Quote Quote  
  7. the files play fine in wmp but when played in wmc they start and in a few seconds restart , no other format does that.
    i can't tell differences between wmp & wmc, as i jumped off the windows long long time ago, last wmp i used was 9, if you take it to microsoft support, probably they will come out with patch.
    Quote Quote