VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. After I ripped using AnyDVD, as usual I went to the STREAM folder located inside the BDMV folder to find the largest file which has always been the main movie and use RipBot to complete the MKV or MP4 movie. I couldn't find the main movie, just a lot of the smaller files which are usually in the folder with the main large movie file. I thought maybe I have to use the 'BATCH' selection inside RipBot instead of 'ADD' (although I've never used it before), but no usable files were found in any folder.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try load the first m2ts file? And let ripbot264 scan it and maybe you can select the main movie track.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you try what Baldrick suggested?

Anyway, if you click any m2ts file, Ripbot will analyze the files and should be able to identify the main movie. But once in a great while it can't. What you have is a main movie playlist spread over multiple m2ts files.

If Ripbot can't identify the main movie, you can do one of two things:

1) Load the ripped folder in Clown_BD and let it extract main movie for you to a Blu-Ray folder. I've never seen this fail.
    2) Analyze the ripped folder with BDinfo. It will tell you the playlist file (*.mpls) for the main movie. Load the playlist file into tsMuxer and output to a Blu-Ray folder.

Either way, the result will be a single m2ts file for the main movie, which will load in Ripbot.

[EDIT] And welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Baldrick,
    No, I didn't try to load the first m2ts file because of its small size...but I'll try it and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well, I tried what Baldrick suggested and it worked! I don't understand how since the first m2ts file showed to be only 324kb in size. I'll have to remember this one.
    Thanks Baldrick!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Given you already use AnyDVD... rather than use it for ripping, you can just use it for decrypting in the background while ripping with something else. You could possibly even open the disc directly with Ripbot, although I think ripping first is probably a better idea.

Clown_BD should also rip. I use the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor myself (it's also built into MeGUI). It doesn't output a Bluray structure, but it'll open the disc and find the main movie for you if it's one of those spread across multiple m2ts files. Or you can open a mpls file and it'll display the corresponding video/audio. The video is ripped to a single MKV. The rest of the selected streams are extracted to individual files.

Just some thoughts regarding different ways to go about it for future reference.
    Quote Quote