VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone explain how to to get more than one video and a menu on to a DVD so that it can run on a DVD/HDD recorder which is connected to a TV for display. Information about suitable codecs /containers would be helpful.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just use a standard dvd-authoring program. AVStoDVD is a good (and free) choice. There are others.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by splicer73 View Post
    Can anyone explain how to to get more than one video and a menu on to a DVD so that it can run on a DVD/HDD recorder which is connected to a TV for display. Information about suitable codecs /containers would be helpful.
    There are many kinds of "videos". What codec/format are the video sources that you want to have on your DVD disc?

Suitable video codecs for DVD are as follows: MPEG2. "DVD" is MPEG2. It can't be anything else.
    Suitable audio codecs for DVD: AC3 (Dolby), PCM (uncompressed).

The specs for standard, universally playable DVD (PAL + NTSC): https://www.videohelp.com/dvd#tech

If your source videos are already MPEG2 and conform to those specs, all you need is an authoring program and a disc burning app. If your source videos are not already MPEG2-compliant, they will have to be decoded and re-encoded (try AVS2DVD), authored, and burned to disc.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 09:18.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks DBB3 and Sanlyn for your helpfull replies. I have downloaded Avs2DVD and it looks promising. I have not had time to give it a good testing but I will report back with my findings when I do.
    Quote Quote