VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having a problem with the Freemake Video Converter.

For some reason, whenever I try to import a ripped DVD into Freemake, it only recognizes the movie as 25 frames per second.

This happens whether I choose to import either an .IFO or a .VOB file. However I have used the GSpot Codec Appliance tool to confirm that the .VOB files are 23.976 fps.

I contacted Freemake support, they had me upload the movie files I was having trouble with, then after a long while, they simply told me to download the latest version. That didn't help.

Thinking it might be a problem with my system, I installed Freemake on a computer that just had Windows XP-SP3 freshly installed - but I'm having the exact same problem. Freemake wants to import every DVD as having 25 fps.

Has anyone run into this problem?

I have a bunch of DVDs that I'd like to convert to digital files for use on my Blu-Ray player.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And you are clicking on the "+DVD"-button to import it? And maybe select the ripped VIDEO_TS folder.

But I have never used it for dvd to conversions. I used to like autogk, fairuse wizard le, or xvid4psp 5 for dvd to avi conversions and vidcoder for dvd to mp4/mkv conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I used to like...
    What do you like now?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't like to convert now.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Tchail View Post
    I have a bunch of DVDs that I'd like to convert to digital files for use on my Blu-Ray player.
    Are you claiming your Blu-Ray player won't play DVDs?

And if you can't make Freemake do what you want (don't know as I don't use it myself), is there any reason you can't use a different freeware program, like the ones Baldrick mentioned?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I don't like to convert now.
    That's my mindset.
    It is too easy to copy to hard drive and use a media player or some BD players to play the files.

For the OP, choose another program to do what you want.
    If you were to tell what you are trying to accomplish, we could give advice.
    Quote Quote