VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello allI got a TV (Panasonic E6) and I am trying to figure out how to make subtitles displayed with no problems on my TV,I think the tv supports subtitles from extensions MKV AND AVI but the subtitles look pretty small on the screen....I used MKV Merge to convert MP4 and other files but Is there anyway to change the fonts sizes without any problems ?
    I am using SRT subtitles by the way
    Quote Quote  
  2. The size of the font would be a control on the TV. If the TV doesn't have a control for that you're out of luck.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The size of the font would be a control on the TV. If the TV doesn't have a control for that you're out of luck.
    I can't find any option to control the font size so I guess I am missing something or the TV needs a firmware update from the Manufacturer to solve such problemsis there anyway to control the fonts size while merging the subtitles file in MKVMERGE?
    Quote Quote  
  4. The player (in this case the player built into your TV) decides what size to render SRT subs. If the player doesn't have controls for the font size your stuck. If your TV supports other subtitle formats you can try converting to one that lets you specify the size (the TV may or may not respond). Or you can burn bigger subtitles into your videos and reencode them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    thanks for the replyI can hardly find extensions other than srt these days and I always faced problems in subtitles extensions converters ...and do you recommend any software for burning bigger subs ?
    Quote Quote