VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Seems to work OK, once I figured out to use the same folder for both FROM and TO. Did a test run using 10 GoPro files roughly a gig in size total. Using the original version which copies, it took about 30 sec. Using the new version just changing the original, it took about 20 sec. The changed files work OK in the editor so I'm happy. Again, thank you so much.

wwaag
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad it worked. I guess I could remove the little underscore from the not renamed files so they would be copies but not renamed so the created wouldn't change when you move them. While I'm at it I could fix that little FROm/TO the same thing too. Glad the version works ok for you now though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,
    I'm new in this forum and I have the same problem as milkieed.
    Where can I find the link for the converter?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A search on this site for 'change date time' will show you the tool download area https://www.videohelp.com/software/Change-Date-Time-Batch

I am working on a beta version that is a little easier and user friendly but in the mean time this version is pretty stable and if you have questions please PM me.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Budman1, this thread is exactly what I am looking for. I downloaded your application and it's *almost* working but not quite. Here's what I'm experiencing, maybe you can help.

I am trying to change the created date to the recorded date on lots of m4v files. For testing purposes I copied 10 files to a test folder. Under Select Encoded / Tagged / Recorded Sources I select 3. Recorded and 1. General. For Select Source Date I chose Use Encoded / Tagged Time. For Select Dates to be changed I use Created Date. Click Convert and Command Line form starts displaying the video data (including the recorded date) but no new files output.

I tried choosing different options for source and the only one I can get to do anything is option 7. Encoded or Tagged or Recorded. It looks to be changing the creation date to the the modified date.

I really need to change the created date to recorded date. Do you have any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong here? Also is there anything that can be done about the Recorded Date also showing time in Media Info showing Date and Time? (Recorded Date in media info currently shows as: "Recorded Date = 2018-04-28T09:58:23-0500") Could it be failing because of that? I'd be fine if the time were stripped out, the date is what really matters.

I appreciate any help you could possible provide, I'm sitting on hundreds if not thousands of videos I need to change the dates on.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I will check out how it works with your setting. In the mean time, check the debug box to make the cmd window stay open so you can check for errors.
    Can you post or send me the MediaInfo text printout? Just need it since MOST videos do not have Recorded but may have Encoded and Tagged.
    Also make sure the version is 1.17.05.04 Thanks
    Last edited by Budman1; 7th Nov 2018 at 16:20.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Budman1 View Post
    I will check out how it works with your setting. In the mean time, check the debug box to make the cmd window stay open so you can check for errors.
    Can you post or send me the MediaInfo text printout? Just need it since MOST videos do not have Recorded but may have Encoded and Tagged.
    Also make sure the version is 1.17.05.04 Thanks
    Thanks for the quick reply!! Version is as you stated 1.17.05.04 Attached is the MediaInfo Text. I checked the debug box and everything looks the same as it did before checking it, nothing in the Video Changed Log, I can only see information on the last action:

C:\Users\JoshG\Downloads\Change_Date_Time_1_17_05_ 04>"MediaInfo.exe" "--Inform=General;Encoded Date = %Encoded_Date%\r\nTagged Date = %Tagged_Date%\r\nRecorded Date = %Recorded_Date%" "C:\Users\JoshG\Desktop\Test\IMG_0036.m4v"
    Encoded Date = UTC 2018-10-01 09:09:13
    Tagged Date = UTC 2018-10-01 09:09:42
    Recorded Date = 2018-04-28T09:58:23-0500

I would just like to add that I truly appreciate you replying on an OLD thread, I wasn't sure if I was going to get a response.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok... I found an error in my visual studio code and fixed. I see the recorded is different than the encode and tagged so I will modify for this. I dont have a test video so the recorded wasn't tested. As soon as I get a file or manually modify one so it has recorded, I'll post fix.

Update:
    OK... I have about a billion videos on my computer but no APPLE custom format of Recorded Date like you show:

Recorded date : 2018-01-26T17:19:54-0800
    Encoded date : UTC 2018-10-01 09:11:45
    Tagged date : UTC 2018-10-01 09:12:17
    If you happen to have a short file you can let me download, I can fix and test it with this format. Are they all the same (No UTC and a T with GMT offset at end?
    Are they all M4V?

Thnaks
    Last edited by Budman1; 8th Nov 2018 at 00:38.
    Quote Quote