VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    I want to make a DVD5 form a DVD9 but only encode the Bonus material cuz its only a few mb oversized and i want to keep bonus material. Cant seem to find any guide on how to do that using DVD Rebuilder. Any idea?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I don't believe there is an option in DVD Rebuilder Pro to re-encode only the extras.

You could set the program to Steal Space from Extras. Put this option all the way to 50%, then do a complete backup. If you only need a small amount of space to fit onto a DVD5, then the extra room derived from the extras should be enough to keep the main movie at a very high quality.

Remove extraneous audio streams also, unless you have need of them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The one software I know that works is DVD Shrink. Just set bonus material to 'automatic' and everything else to 'no compression'.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think this feature is available in the pro version of dvd rebuilder.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Want to explain how to do that in the Pro version loster? Not being snarky here, just like to see how its done.

I've used DVD Rebuilder Pro since it was in beta, but I haven't used it very often at all for the last few years, as I very rarely buy dvds anymore. I've switched to Blu-ray. And even when I was using DVD Rebuilder, I did main movie only backups the vast majority of the time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you rebuild and then use the edit tab. I didn't buy a pro copy though I just this remember from some documentation.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use the Pro Version and there's not a good way to do that. I'd use DVD SHRINK to grab the Titles I want into a DVD-9 sized File-Set. That would be comparable to creating a separate DVD for Bonus Features.

THEN I'd used DVD REBUILDER and point it to that new DVD Fileset and "Encode Entire DVD". This way, I'd have easy selection of however many Titles with DVD Shrink's easy-to-use selections, and DVD REBUILDER's superior compression options for an ultimate DVD-5 file-set.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by loster View Post
    I think you rebuild and then use the edit tab. I didn't buy a pro copy though I just this remember from some documentation.
    Which means your memory may be wrong for all we know.

I suppose the interested parties who bought the pro version could try contacting the author or risk posting on Doom9's official forum and asking.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi, I'm using DVD Rebuilder Pro with CCE SP2. As far as I know there is no way to keep one extra feature and leave out the rest. You either keep all the extra material (Full back up) or leave them out (Main movie back up) However the other day I compressed a dvd with 2 extra features. I very much wanted to keep one but the size of the other would decrease the main movie quality. I selected main movie and menus back up but was surprised that the compressed version included the one extra feature I wanted but not the other extra feature I did not want. I don't think DVD Rbuilder Pro read my mind. Am i missing something? Is there a way to choose wich extra features stay and which don't? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kc1 View Post
    The one software I know that works is DVD Shrink. Just set bonus material to 'automatic' and everything else to 'no compression'.
    YEP dvd shrink
    Quote Quote