VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

Once again, I have found myself in a mess of .mts files. I'm currently editing a video in Adobe Premiere using the multicam function, using 12 full HD cameras... Yeah I know... My computer will soon start to shed tears.

So no matter what computer I have I still need to create proxy files, with 0 problem I converted the footage taken from DSLR cameras, mov to mov mp4 to mp4 but I get stuck with two handycams that use AVCHD and produce .mts files. Adobe Media Encoder, does not have the option to output .mts files, so I was wondering any other tools to just help me reduce the bitrate of these files so that I can work normally with muticam?

Cheers,
    shorto
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    An easy to use tool for that would be vidcoder. It will let you output to mp4.
    The memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of the man in his prime.......
    Quote Quote  
  3. I need it to input .mts due to proxy usage in Adobe Premiere ;(
    Quote Quote  
  4. Convert to some other container or elementary streams, then remux into MTS with a suitable muxer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your best bet would be a batch script for ffmpeg. I'm on my tablet now and can't remember the propper commands, but it will let you recompress and/or resize and save as am mts......
    The memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of the man in his prime.......
    Quote Quote