VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Newbie here with a question. Back in Sept I started downloading Hulu vids to watch later (I have no time during the summer & everything kept expiring) From Sep through the 3rd week in Nov I was downloading in 1280x720. Starting with the 4th week the max I could get was 512x288 or 640x360. The week after, and ever since, the max I've been able to get is 720x400.

I've been using AVGO primarily and GetFLV.

Is this a widespread thing? Is anybody still pulling 1280x720 from Hulu? If so what are you using?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK, Hulu on your computer is SD (standard resolution) only.

If you stream HuluPlus from something like a Roku box (as I do), you can get 720p.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The op did state that he could d/l in 720p on his computer and that it was getting lower resolutions after awhile,you might want to see if your internet speed is slowing down,do an internet speed test.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Loser
    Search PM
    It can vary with any particular content on Hulu - and HD usually requires HuluPlus - but generally speaking, any HD content that is available on HuluPlus via the web interface is available not only in the 1280x720 resolution but also in four bit-rates (1500K, 2000K, 2500K, and 3200K) of the 1280x720 resolution. The 3200K bit-rate, as you may have guessed, sends more data (larger file size) and looks quite a bit better on larger screens. A 42 minute episode at 1280x720 3200K is usually between 900MB and 1.1 GB in data (file size).

I haven't seen any change in the provision of the 1280x720 resolution or any of the corresponding bit-rates. I can't tell you anything about getflv's ability to detect any of this, because I don't know - likewise for AVGO.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I don't think it is a speed issue, though I suppose my isp may have taken notice of my huge data increase and tweaked something.

It looks like I should spend some time learning about the other tools avail that I see mentioned here frequently. Let the learning begin!
    Quote Quote