VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

I'm using a Sony CCD-TRV46E to convert Hi8/Video8 tapes. Its connected via composite to a canopus ADVC110.
    Yesterday I tried to play an NTSC tape but with no luck (even after changing the settings in the menu)
    I skipped that particular tape and moved onto the next one. However, once this tape was loaded, none of the controls would work. I couldn't play/fast-forward/rewind etc. Even the buttons beside the screen do nothing. The screen itself is blue as usual but displays no icons. I can eject/load tapes no problem. Also if I switch to recording mode, everything appears to work as normal.

I'm working for a video transfer company and this camera has been used to capture hundreds of hours of footage already.
    I just found it strange that this problem would occur so suddenly and without warning.

Does anyone know what the issue may be?
    Has anyone encountered something similar before?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're sure your PAL camera plays NTSC tapes? They usually don't.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    You're sure your PAL camera plays NTSC tapes? They usually don't.
    No they don't usually. However there's a setting within the menu (of this particular model) where you can change the playback to NTSC 4.43. We had used this function to transfer some NTSC tapes in the past
    Quote Quote