VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I'm looking for something free that will take any video format and convert it into VCD, SVCD, DVD...

something very easy to use.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you !!
    Last edited by HairyToes; 13th Jan 2014 at 10:35.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VideoToVideo converter may be what you seek.

Converts to many formats. I beielve it just creates the compatable files for VCD,SVCD and DVD. Authoring is another matter and I would suggest avstodvd to create dvd files ready for burning. VCD and SVCD are legacy formats which no one really use these days and would look terribke on today's large screens.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    VideoToVideo converter may be what you seek.

Converts to many formats. I beielve it just creates the compatable files for VCD,SVCD and DVD. Authoring is another matter and I would suggest avstodvd to create dvd files ready for burning. VCD and SVCD are legacy formats which no one really use these days and would look terribke on today's large screens.

Thank you DB83.

I'll give it a try.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use AVStoDVD, and it also supports avisynth so has some tremendous power if needed, will happily convert pretty much any video to DVD and is very simple to use with the defaults with minimal setting up (if any really). But the options are there to change more if you feel it needs it ..... Like custom avisynth filtering or plugins (which I use sometimes for old DVDs or bad rushed VHS to DVD transfers)

I've converted full blu-ray rips of movies to DVD without any real issues, apart from time

It also uses HCEnc so the end quality is very high when compared to 'other' encoders. You gain in very high quality but low conversion speed
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    I use AVStoDVD, and it also supports avisynth so has some tremendous power if needed, will happily convert pretty much any video to DVD and is very simple to use with the defaults with minimal setting up (if any really). But the options are there to change more if you feel it needs it ..... Like custom avisynth filtering or plugins (which I use sometimes for old DVDs or bad rushed VHS to DVD transfers)

I've converted full blu-ray rips of movies to DVD without any real issues, apart from time

It also uses HCEnc so the end quality is very high when compared to 'other' encoders. You gain in very high quality but low conversion speed

Great !

Thanks steptoe !
    Quote Quote