VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi to everybody. I need help. A lot of my clients want video with nice frame border. I can make it in Sony Vegas, but I have ton of videos and I cann't make it for everyone.I need video editor where I can easy and quick add border frame to any video. It would be good if I can add image for border.

Please, help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by johonson View Post
    Hi to everybody. I need help. A lot of my clients want video with nice frame border. I can make it in Sony Vegas, but I have ton of videos and I cann't make it for everyone.I need video editor where I can easy and quick add border frame to any video. It would be good if I can add image for border.

What do you mean exactly by "nice frame border" ? Can you provide some background info or examples ? What is the desired output format ? (DVD, web, blu-ray ? )

Adding a border implies reducing the effective resolution and quality of the footage - assuming you're using the same video dimensions and keeping the aspect ratio - because you would have to scale down the footage, and also you would have to re-encode the video

What's wrong with doing it in vegas ? There won't be much difference in the speed between other video editors
    Quote Quote  
  3. What do you mean exactly by "nice frame border" ?
    http://foto-s-avangard.ucoz.ua/_si/0/67428.jpg

What is the desired output format ? (DVD, web, blu-ray ? )
    DVD and web

What's wrong with doing it in vegas ? There won't be much difference in the speed between other video editors
    With Vegas very long
    Quote Quote  
  4. What's taking long in vegas ? What exactly is your concern ? Manually doing each one for each video, or the re-encoding time ?

Did you want the flexibilty to change the background image ? Or use the same background image for every video ?

If every video is the same dimension and same format, same output, then you might be able to script something with ffmpeg to batch convert to resize and overlay. But this reduces your options . But if your input videos are different formats, different dimensions, different AR's this adds complexities that you have to handle on a case by case basis
    Quote Quote  
  5. What's taking long in vegas ?
    Encoding

What exactly is your concern ?
    various people

Did you want the flexibilty to change the background image ?
    Yes

Or use the same background image for every video ?
    And Yes))
    Quote Quote  
  6. You have to re-encode there is no way around it. If that's your concern there is not much you can do about it except get faster hardware, mulitple workstations and encode in parallel

The speed for other editors encoding wont be much different. Maybe slightly faster or slower. MPEG2 for DVD is fairly fast on any machine. You can use GPU encoding (e.g. for web outputs) but the quality isn't very good
    Quote Quote  
  7. So there is no any videoeditor for border frame?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by johonson View Post
    So there is no any videoeditor for border frame?

Of course there are: Sony vegas, premiere pro, avid media composer, edius ...
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-editors-advanced

Editors will allow you to customize & make changes (maybe you want larger border, or smaller border, or change image)

But your concern is encoding time. It's not going to be much different between various editors
    Quote Quote  
  9. Big thanks! I will work
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    And where you add border in this software?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johonson View Post
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    VIDEO
    FILTERS
    Blacken Borders

....you WILL need to re-encode just like any other software.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Originally Posted by johonson View Post
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    VIDEO
    FILTERS
    Blacken Borders

....you WILL need to re-encode just like any other software.
    I need nice border not black)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Something like a picture frame?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  15. In Adobe Flash you can create a border as part of the player and place your video under it on another level without any need to convert. This will only work on a computer of course.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Something like a picture frame?
    Yes
    Quote Quote