VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been using the TMPGenc authoring works 5 package for almost a year now with no problems until recently. I set the programme up using the FFDshow and Haali codec's as outlined by the post by Persen which I've included below:
    ---------
    The softwares own renderers is not that good. I have experienced a lot of errors in the video that you wanted to work with, but i did find a way arround that problem and actually turning this software in to a extremely good piece of software: FFDSHOW and Haali Media Splitter. If you install these two and after that go in to TAW's renderer settings:

Options =>Preferences => Input/output format list => File input-plugin

and here removes every marker, except for the one at DirectShow file reader, then you can turn it in to a extremely good authoring tool for creating DVD and Blu-ray discs.Do not use the softwares own .ts import tool when working with .ts video files,choose to open them 'as is'. Then FFDSHOW and Haali kicks in and does a perfect rendering of them. If you have problems seeing any files when wanting to open a video file, choose all files.
    You het one heck of a broad support of video types when having FFDSHOW and Haali as your rendering tools, even when you want to open video files who has DTS audio.

Note: DTS audio is converted to Dolby Digital, you don't have DTS output.
    -----------
    I hadn't used it since last October when all was well for importing .TS files and outputting AVCHD to DVD. However now when I come to use the programme I get this error
    "Could not open the video part of the file blah blah"

I get this error for any .TS file now. I updated both the Authoring works package to 5.1.3.57 and the codec packages and still no joy. If I revert from the set-up as described by Persen listed above it does work however I'm loath to move away from using either FFDshow or Haali codecs as they are very stable and give perfect picture quality. Any suggestions ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tried reinstall ffdshow and haali?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes I did re-install both ffdshow and Haali and I un-installed TMPGenc authoring works and re-installed it all to no avail I'm afraid. I'm a little lost so any suggestions would be gratefully received.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try opening the *.TS files in Graphstudio to see if it will render and play.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I didn't use graphstudio but the .TS files load fine and play in windows media player and VLC I've also cut out some portions using video to video so I'm able to manipulate the files just not through TMPGenc authoring works 5 using ffdshow or haali which is a major pain as it used to work just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about frame serving through Avisynth? (install Avisynth if necessary).
    Create a one line script called myfile.avs (in Notepad or similar)
    Inside the file is this one line:

directshowsource("c:\mypath\myfile.ts")

Open this avs script in Tmpgenc authoring works5.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm not sure exactly how to do that there's no literature in the help section of TMPGenc authoring works about avs scripting a little more detail please would be helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's just as I described above. Create a one line file substituting the actual path and file name.
    Save it as myfile.avs, and open it in Tmpg as the source file.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I just got around to trying this and no luck reads the file but gives syntax errors
    Quote Quote  
  10. Post the exact script you wrote.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  11. the files called myfile.avs and contains the line

e:\videos\stonehenge\stonehenge1.ts
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have a look at post #6 above,
    you have to use the Avisynth syntax as specified - ie. you must code the source filter
    directshowsource as specified...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks davexnet your right a simple failure to read the text I re-read post #6 correctly and tried it and it works just fine for importing the .TS file. Teach me to read before I type
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by eibbed View Post
    Thanks davexnet your right a simple failure to read the text I re-read post #6 correctly and tried it and it works just fine for importing the .TS file. Teach me to read before I type
    yeah - we've all done that from time to time... glad to hear you got it working.
    Quote Quote