VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm very noobish I don't understand the advice I was once given over this issue.
    I have TS files which were recorded on a PVR. I wish use them in Adobe premier but, of course, because of the format things are recorded in some PVRs I can not use it in adobe. If I have to convert them to another format which should I use and also something which will retain as much of the quality as possible.

Please understand that I'm confused by most of the software available on here so please, if you can, recommend something as user friendly as possible please(i love virtual dub though, like the easiest thing in the world to use lol)

Your assistance is appreciated! I would love to use these files so I can make a video
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by OneVibe View Post
    I have TS files which were recorded on a PVR.
    What software do you play them with on your computer?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I have TS files which were recorded on a PVR.
    What software do you play them with on your computer?
    Media Player Classic . They can't play in VLC unfortunately
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm very noobish I don't understand the advice I was once given over this issue.
    I have TS files which were recorded on a PVR. I wish use them in Adobe premier...
    You can download MediaInfo, open file with it to know exactly what codecs were used.
    What version of Premiere is that? Different versions of Premiere past and current will open only certain files.
    If those *.TS files where recorded on a PVR and can be viewed with MPC, chances are they are some flavor of MPEG-4 or MPG-2 with AC-3 or MP3. All that's needed is to rewrap them to a different container; either a *.MP4 (MPEG-4/h264) or *.MPG (MPEG-2) program stream without re-encoding anything. D/l the latest version of vlc. whether or not vlc can play those files, open vlc, then media>convert/save>add... There are choices for different containers. I would normally choose *.MP4 or *.MPG, or by trial and error whatever it is Premiere will accept. You check "use original stream" to ensure that the file is used as is, no re-encoding. Rewrapping a media file to another container requires some knowledge about what codecs are expected or logical to use in what containers. Although vlc seems to allow mixing-&-matching, for example, I normally wouldn't use PCM audio in an *.MP4-containered file.
    For example, a typical file d/l from UTube might be *.FLV, which is a flash media container with an h264 video and aac inside, which Premiere will not open. vlc can rewrap it into a bonafide *.MP4 file with the same exact unreencoded audio and video streams inside which Premiere now accepts.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks turk690 and hech54.
    To be honest with you turk690 there is a lot of stuff I don't have a clue what you're talking about but I'm going to use the info you have given me and research what that stuff means. It is much appreciated it and it is Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 I'm using
    Quote Quote