VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Howdy,

I used MakeMKV on a disc and then ran it through MKVtoMP4 to load onto my Samsung Note 3. I uploaded the MKV file to the note and it plays perfectly, but the converted file in MKVtoMP4 has audio synch issues. Now in reality the only reason I'm trying to convert is to get the size down some as it's pretty much the same size as the single DVD file at around 3Gb and also not sure if MKV will play on the wife's Ipad. Not even sure what to add for troubleshooting support other than I followed the stock guides in MakeMKV and MKVtoMP4 and used all the default settings....I've attached a couple screenshots if it helps. This seems like such a great little app if I could just get it working as it's very fast and the video was good, just the issue with the audio. Don't really want to have to run it through different apps to synch the audio and it still probably wouldn't be right. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Max
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MKVtoMP4 files.png
Views:	378
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	22733  

Click image for larger version

Name:	MKVtoMP4 filesA.png
Views:	477
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	22734  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've not used either of those.

I RIP using DVDFab, then use VidCoder on the RIPped DVD to create an mp4 file. Very easy, and there are numerous guides (if needed) on VidCoder configuration (but defaults work well).

In any case, depending on your usage (ie: end devices), you don't need all of the audio tracks. Unless it's being used in a home theater setup, use the stereo track or convert to a stereo audio track to save space. My output files are in the 1.4-1.8gb range for an average movie.

NOTE: I'm using DVD source material, not HD (Blu-Ray). But output quality and file size could/would be similar, especially if the end devices are laptop or smaller screens. In any case, quality is a personal decision based on usage.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, shrink with something else instead. Like handbrake or vidcoder.
    Quote Quote