VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to encode video using x264 in linux, i have successfully encoded in windows using the same parameter, and when i try in linux it shows error video, here is the parameter

Code:
    x264 --level 5.1 --preset veryslow --tune animation --crf 28.0 --min-keyint 12 --scenecut 45 --bframes 8 --b-adapt 2 --ref 10 --weightp 2 --qpmin 10 --qpmax 51 --qcomp 0.6 --rc-lookahead 40 --direct auto --aq-mode 1 --aq-strength 0.8 --merange 24 --me umh --subme 10 --trellis 2 --psy-rd 0.40:0.60 --output test.mkv "[Migoto] Dibetagurashi - 04 (848x480 H264 AAC) [74DB3757].mkv"
    Then i transfer the file to windows and view it using MPC, it shows like this

Can anyone help?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	x264.png
Views:	442
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	22708  

Quote Quote  
  2. a. are you sure the input is okay?b. since you open it with x264 directly, are you sure you build x264 with a decoder that supports the input properly?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i am not sure about it. But right now i change to use HandBrakeCLI with command
    HandBrakeCLI -i "[Migoto] Dibetagurashi - 04 (848x480 H264 AAC) [SmallAnime.com] [E7DE8FD7].mkv" -f mkv -o outputHB.mkv -q 28 -e x264 --x264opts preset=veryslow --x264opts tune=animation --x264opts profile=high -x nr=1000 -m -E vorbis --mixdown mono -B 48 -l 720 -s 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 --subtitle-default -a 1

and it works, just that the font is not correct, it does not attach font from the source so that when playing, it display default font which is ugly, can you help how do I ask HandBrakeCLI to include font in the source?
    Quote Quote  
  4. sorry, no clue never used handbrake and I do not plan to use it any time soon
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does the file play in linux? Does it play with another player in windows? Do you have those crappy 3rd party codec packs installed in windows?

What linux distro are you using? Ubuntu doesn't come with all codecs; one of the first things you should do after installing ubuntu is install ubuntu-restricted-extras.

Mint is ubuntu based but comes with a good selection of codecs.

Fedora comes with basically no codecs. I have limited experience with fedora, consisting of installing 17 and running it for a week or 2 before realizing it's a complete bug fest and installing mint.

I've converted in linux (not with cli tools though) and played in windows a number of times. No problems. There may be some syntax differences between the linux and windows versions of that program but I kinda doubt it.

BTW I had a quick glance after the last thing in the code tags and see the word 'vorbis'. To my knowledge, no one actually uses vorbis format in the real world.
    Quote Quote