VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi everyone,

I have been having problems with Windows Live Movie Maker playback, when I start to edit a video and drag a file over - it wont playback. It is just a black screen but I can still hear the audio. This has only just started happening and used to have no problems. I reinstalled the movie maker, Quicktime (tried older versions of both as I think my laptops latest software update has something to do with it) with no success.

I use MOV and MP4 files, and now neither of them work - would love your help, have so many videos to edit but cant!

Is there anything I can try?

....Am also looking for a new Video Editor, have used widows movie maker for years but would like something with a bit more 'omph!' What are your suggestions? Heres a link to my youtube page with what Ive done already.... http://www.youtube.com/user/Cartaaah
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you play the mov and mp4s in windows media player?

You could always try remux(or reconvert) the mov and mp4s to an avi with mp4camtoavi. And try edit the avi files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Can you play the mov and mp4s in windows media player?

You could always try remux(or reconvert) the mov and mp4s to an avi with mp4camtoavi. And try edit the avi files.
    Yip they play no problem with windows media player. Hmm could try that as a last resort, would just be a pain converting all the files before editing. Ta!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Look for a new editor instead. I like vegas moviestudio and videostudio pro. Try the trials first and see if they are something for you.

There are few free editors like Shotcut, AviUtl, ivsEdits Le, VSDC Free Video Editor, VideoPad Video Editor but they are usually too complex or too basic...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Look for a new editor instead. I like vegas moviestudio and videostudio pro. Try the trials first and see if they are something for you.

There are few free editors like Shotcut, AviUtl, ivsEdits Le, VSDC Free Video Editor, VideoPad Video Editor but they are usually too complex or too basic...
    Thanks will get the trials of those ones and have a play. Have just started The Vegas Pro 12 trial but not loving it, early days though I guess. Tried wondershare too but didnt like it.
    Quote Quote