VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    hey guys,

I have been experiencing some weirdness for the past couple of months and i cannot seem to figure it out. everytime I use downconvert dtshd to dts in tsmuxer i get no audio in vlc though I can see the audio stream exists. however, the usual audio stream in vlc shows multiple channels but after downconvert with tsmuxer the dts stream has no channels. I have no idea why this keeps happening and i would really like an advice something.

I tried to convert with eac3to and it worked but as soon as i mux it back into the bluray structure with tsmuxer I experience the same problem, no audio but i could see the stream without any channels. Any ideas?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try using Clown_BD to extract main movie instead of tsMuxer. In output options, you can downconvert the audio to DTS or AC3 at the same time. DTS-HD has been problematic for tsMuxer, so you're not alone.

And welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    The thing is, I did convert DTSHD to DTS using eac3to but as soon as I muxed it back into the m2ts file it does not play so it is weird

And thank you, good to be here

this is how it looks like

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	488
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	22666

so if you notice the stream is there but it does not have channels. however I can play it just fine by itself right after I convert it with eac3to
    Last edited by sky66; 9th Jan 2014 at 19:52.
    Quote Quote  
  4. But you demuxed the audio with tsMuxer, no?
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    i tried it both ways, first by using downconvert to DTS in tsmuxer and then when I noticed I could not play the thing I used eac3to to convert DTSMA to DTS and then mux it with tsmuxer, the end result was the same... no audio
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps the problem is in VLC, not in TSmuxer

My VC-1 encode of Sintel uses DTS audio, was multiplexed to an m2ts file, and it plays fine in MPC-HC, PotPlayer, WMP, and even with Mplayer.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 10th Jan 2014 at 06:06. Reason: include Mplayer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    but it is weird because audio.dts that resulted from eac3to conversion works fine in VLC; as soon as I put it inside m2ts it doesn't work anymore
    Quote Quote  
  8. If you're not willing to try Clown_BD, then I'm out of ideas.
    And perhaps you should try a different player, as El Heggunte suggested.

Both the above should help narrow the possibilities as to the cause of the problem. Basic troubleshooting.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    You were right, it plays in MPC so it is a VLC issue. Sigh! SO check this out, VLC plays DTSMA but not DTS... oh well, moving on to a different player for now.

thanks all
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Actually if anybody else has the same issues and still want to stick to VLC, version 2.0.8 works just fine.
    Quote Quote