VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In my just bought BD player I can see on the rear panel only one output:a black RCA connector marked "digital output".What is it? Audio output? Video output?Both?
    How do I use it? Does it exist any PC capture card capable of capturing this output?
    I have no 3d TV set and I would like to record a 3d blueray of mine on hard disk to play it on PC.
    -- Jumpjack --
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jumpjack View Post
    In my just bought BD player I can see on the rear panel only one output:a black RCA connector marked "digital output".What is it? Audio output? Video output?Both?
    Audio. Use a 75ohm digital audio cable. It has RCA connecting plugs. You can use it only with a device that accepts digital audio connections. Digital audio cables are required for 5.1, surround sound, DTS, etc., and all that phoney stuff. Otherwise use the red/white analog audio (stereo only) if they're available. Most new BD players don't have them.

Does it exist any PC capture card capable of capturing this output?
    Maybe. You can't capture retail BluRay anyway.

I have no 3d TV set and I would like to record a 3d blueray of mine on hard disk to play it on PC.
    It depends. Maybe the BluRay was made with additional video channels (like non-3D). Likely it's copy protected and plays only via HDMI. The additional digital audio output is usually included to match up with a/v receivers to feed multi-channel speaker setups.

And by the way:
    In my just bought BD player I can see on the rear panel only one output
    Only one? What about HDMI? Didn't your player come with a user guide or setup brochure?
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 10:39.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    of course apart from HDMI...I wonder if my TV set is capable of outputting video signal from its SCART...
    Old TV sets had the defect of SCART output mixing with SCART input by induction if using non-shielded cables, causing ghosting in images....
    -- Jumpjack --
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does it exist any PC capture card capable of capturing this output?
    I do not think there is a consumer device capable of capturing 3D Blu-Ray video. Just buy a 2D copy of the movie. It will be less expensive than an HD capture device anyway.

of course apart from HDMI.
    Per the AACS license (Blu-Ray players need AACS be able to decrypt commercial Blu-Ray discs), no Blu-Ray player models released in 2013 or after can have any analog connections for audio or video. That leaves HDMI, optical digital audio, or coaxial digital audio as the only connections allowed on current model Blu-Ray players.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 9th Jan 2014 at 14:03.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jumpjack View Post
    That's unclear. Do you mean you want to extract the movie from 3D Blu-Ray disc *TO* your hard drive as 2D? That's easy if you have a BD-ROM or BD-RE drive in your computer. The 2D version exists on all 3D Blu-Rays, whether it's inaccessible to a standalone (i.e. locked out in authoring) or not. Usually the 2D version is the left view.

Run a driver-level Blu-Ray decrypter in the background (like AnyDVD or DVDFabPasskey). Insert disc in drive, wait for it to be decrypted, and open with Clown_BD. Extract the main movie as 2D.

So, again, you'd need a BD-ROM or BD-RE drive in your computer to do the above.

Capturing would only be practicable if:

1) The 3D disc is authored as 2D compatible (most aren't).
    2) You have an HDMI splitter/stripper in the chain from BD standalone to HDMI input capture device to remove HDCP.
    3) You have a Hauppauge HD-PVR1 (original HD-PVR with component input) and an HDMI -> component converter in the chain.

Capturing as 3D just ain't happening.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote