VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!

I'm here new. I need to capture interlaced video from one TV card and one USB device.
    I know that VirtualDub allows deinterlacing video but at starting capture mode my video driver always fails and sometimes appears BSOD...

Please, can anybody recommend to me other software than VirtualDub?

Thank you for everything!

Miro
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome.

Deinterlacing during capture is the worst way to do it, even when it works, Why are you deinterlacing? Is this originally Hollywood movie source (it won't be interlaced. It's telecined). Is your final output going to be PC-only or internet-only? 1080p? DVD? How is the source being played (VCR? Laser disc? DVD player? Osmosis?). I'm afraid you're not giving us enough information.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 10:40.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!

I want to capture my hobby output - Commodore 128 computer. It has two desktops - VIC and VDC.
    Both can display interlaced modes for higher resolution, VIC 320×400 and VDC up to 800×600 - this is for computer designed at 1985 really great but hard to capture - interlaced modes producing flickering. First time I used VirtualDub and flickering was removed, later (maybe was videocard driver updated) VirtualDub always crash and no one time computer don't recover display driver and shows BSOD.
    I found solution how to capture two desktops at once - vMix and there I can't or better don't know how to set up USB grabber to correct display picture - if I select composite or S-Video always no picture, every choice was tested, but don't know why works not.
    vMix can dinterlace picture, but it allows to display only TV Card picture...

Miro
    Quote Quote