VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My request is similar to another thread posted recently, but different. I would like to create a somewhat nice (e.g. with a playable menu) BD-R disc, that can be played back on nearly any Blu-ray player. The content is HDTV content I have recorded from cable using 7MC and an HDHomerun-Prime tuner. I have several TV series recorded and stored on my server. Some of them I'd like to remove from the server and store on physical BD-R media. Most of the recordings have been re-encoded and re-packaged from the native .wtv files into x.264/mkv (sometimes mp4 which I tried out for a while) files using either MCBuddy or Handbrake or a combination thereof (I used to use meGUI too, but gave up... don't need that much tweakability).

I'd like these discs to be playable on any standard Blu-ray player (my main player is very capable, but I have an el-cheapo bedroom player, too, which doesn't do as well) and have a nice(ish) menu to navigate and select seasons and episodes. I'm thinking that in order to make this happen I would need to author them as AVCHD discs? Is there another option?

I'd like to not have to re-encode the files, as that would take forever. Re-packaging would be best. Also I'd like to keep the current compression and file size, and re-encoding could lose some quality, which I want to avoid.

I think the old (no longer maintained) freeware multiAVCHD would have worked for me, but I'm not sure. Unfortunately I can't find any valid links to download the latest version.

Does anyone have any suggestions on software I should check out for this project? I'm willing to pay for software (up to say $50 or so USD) if necessary, although I prefer to support free/share ware efforts with donations. I don't want to have to invest in Adobe professional or the like to do this.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just realized I think I posted this to the wrong forum.... this is under hardware, and it's really more of a software question. Sorry, and please feel free to move it to the appropriate forum.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yikes, total noob move. I went to the proper forum and found a thread asking almost the same question(s).https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/361226-Making-BluRay-from-MKV
    I'll try the suggestions in that thread first, don't bother posting to this thread.
    Quote Quote