VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When watching a video converted by format factory, the movie's counter stops at say 1h 40 min but the movie keeps on playing ( the movie is actually 1h 55min and you can't fast forward past where the counter stops, only watch past it). On other media/dvd players the movie just freezes or stops at about 80% into the movie.
    Does anyone know what is causing this problem.

I am just choosing the convert to >avi button and pressing start. The files are usually xvid, mp4, h264 etc before conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does that happen on your computer with a software players? or dvd player or?
    Why do you need to reconvert? to play on dvd players with avi divx/xvid support?

I would try other all-in-one converters like xmedia recode, winff, xvid4psp, freemake video converter. Use avi dvd player/hardware presets or avi with divx or xvid video and mp3 audio.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Does that happen on your computer with a software players? or dvd player or?
    Why do you need to reconvert? to play on dvd players with avi divx/xvid support?

I would try other all-in-one converters like xmedia recode, winff, xvid4psp, freemake video converter. Use avi dvd player/hardware presets or avi with divx or xvid video and mp3 audio.
    Video file not working on my SONY TV via USB using the TV's built in media player. I convert it using format factory. It then works on my sony tv, but at 1h40min the counter/timer stops and the movie keeps playing for another 15 mins. At this point you cannot rewind or fast forward. Then I put movie on a dvd disc and my friend says it stops at 1h40m on his dvd player.

Its a shame because format factory is quick and easy to use, and there's an option for the output folder to be the source folder. If I can just figure out this problem.
    Last edited by big ando; 6th Jan 2014 at 07:44.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try click on output settings after you click to avi and change to mpeg4(divx). But I doubt it will help...and I don't know what else you can try as I have no idea what your sony tv supports.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks.
    It's not a problem with what the sony supports. Its a problem that I convert it and the sony supports it, but there is something wrong with the output file. I've played the file on other players and the same thing: the file displays a shorter duration time than the actual movie causing the movie, at the counters end point, to stop on some players and play past without the ability to pause/ fast forward etc. on other dvd/media players.

The output file displays a playing time of 1h40min on my sony. But the movie plays past that time. Once past you can keep watching but no controls work.

eg. if I press the display info button, the counter might say 1:39:50/1:40:00 meaning the movie should be 10 seconds from the end, but the movie is only 70-80% finished and in 10 seconds the counter stops counting, but the movie keeps on playing and then no controls like pause work.

And once past 1h40min on my friends dvd player, the movie just stops suddenly.

Does anyone know why format factory is doing this for videos files which I have converted to AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can't you try just one movie with another converter? Just to see if you get similar problems.

It's difficult to know why format factory does this as we don't know what video encoding settings it'ss using. Maybe it's a bug so it might work better with an older version.
    Quote Quote  
  7. i just tried xvid4psp
    converted a file and I know what the save folder was but the file is not to be found anywhere. It took 2 hours too.
    wow
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some devices (like my DVD player) don't like files beyond a certain size, say 2GB.

Do other files have problems beyond 1:40, or just this one?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using xvid4psp 5? Check the temp folder.

And yep, check the file size of your avi xvid files.
    Quote Quote