VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey all!

been a while since I encoded something with .ass files, and I don't even remember if I ever did it back in the day with a .ts source. My current avs script is basic:

Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Denis\Desktop\Megui\tools\avisynth_plugin\VSFilter.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Denis\Desktop\Megui\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Denis\Desktop\Megui\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFvideosource("C:\Users\shorto\Desktop\lmc\lmc.ts")
    TextSub("C:\Users\shorto\Desktop\lmc\lmc.ass")

Using the lastest MeGui with the plugins that come with it. The VSFilter loads the subs, but for soem reason out out around 4min video the end result comes out 1min 38sec long, the video is there but speed up almost 2 times.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    shorto
    Quote Quote  
  2. try using vsfilter from http://code.google.com/p/xy-vsfilter/wiki/Downloads?tm=2
    In general using VSFilter with .ass subtitles works fine,...
    Quote Quote  
  3. the subs are not the problem here I guess. It's why megui speeds up a TS source video that bothers me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by shorto View Post
    the subs are not the problem here I guess. It's why megui speeds up a TS source video that bothers me.
    So the thread title and first post are red herrings?

Is it speeded up when you don't have the subs in the script? Is the framerate twice what it should be and the length half what it should be? What happens if you add 'AssumeFPS(XX.xxx)' to the script? Is it a VFR video, anime perhaps?

Is there's something peculiar about this TS file? Please post the text information from MediaInfo.

Have you tried making a DGIndex D2V file so you can use MPEG2Source rather than FFVideoSource?
    Quote Quote  
  5. LWLibavVideoSource might also be an alternative to using FFVideoSource
    Quote Quote