VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
  1. I want use rtmpdump to playbacks stream in my program (exactly in QWidget). RTMPdump.exe is separate program. I run it from my program:
    QProcess* process = new QProcess();
    QString program = "rtmpdump -r rtmp:// -f WIN 11,9,900,152  -p -o stream.flv";
    It works but rtmpdump.exe output directs the stream to file "stream.flv". I wanna use RTMPdump.exe output directs to my program, but i don't know Can I do that. My program is run when i open RTMPdump.exe by QProcess... How I can direct rtmpdump.exe output to running my program?
    Maybe u know how compile rtmpdump.cpp then will be easier...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Haven't used librtmp and I'm not sure if it helps you, but has precompiled librtmp libraries for different systems, also there's RTMPDump C++ source code for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for reply, I decide to use librtmp library. It works. It save stream to file. I think video is save to const char * buffer and next to file. Can u tell me I can play this buffer use libvlc (i think from memory)? Can I play stream without save it on hard disk, and play from path to this file?
    In rtmpdump can do this "-o 'path to VLC'" but in libvlc i don't know how I can do that
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can't help you with libvlc, but is an example where Qt is used with libvlc, <ou probably would have to write into a buffer and read from that buffer, in theory it should be possible, see:
    Quote Quote  
  5. With use libvlc in QT i don't have problem, but i have problem with integrate librtmp with libvlc :/
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you can read with librtmp into a buffer and with libvlc from a buffer, I don't see the problem,... also can't vlc itself kind of replace librtmp ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm not sure of librtmp reads to Buffor but can u tell me how read by libvlc from a buffeR?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Like I wrote: nope, no experience with libvlc, but looking at the threads I linked to imen seems to be a good starting point.
    Quote Quote