VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I want to stream hi10 h264 videos with ps3mediaserver to my android tablet.

One set I've tried is high def and another standard def. Specs:

720p high 10 level 5.1 cabac 16 ref frames
    480p high 10 level 5.1 cabac 16 ref frames

Neither played in different players through bubble upnp (using bubble upnp to browse the pc hosting the files and an on-tablet video player to play them).

I can verify my connection is good as I'm currently playing a downloaded youtube video clip with no issues whatsoever.

I searched the ps3ms forum and one link talked about setting up a reencode for it but did not detail it:

http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16505&p=78019&hilit=transcode+...10+h264#p78019

It said it needed to be setup in the mencoder setting.

I don't see an option to set for hi10 processing.

This is possible isn't it?

Fyi I have a core2quad intel processor and a pretty beefy internet pipe and a wifi n router (tablet is wifi n too - and in the same room as the computer and router for testing purposes - no stuttering on the standard def video clip I am testing through ps3mediaserver, will test an hd clip soon - non hi10 fyi).

I'm not sure what settings to tick or un-tick or add to get ps3mediaserver to transcode hi10 h264.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Edit - fyi I can smoothly play a 72op hd non hi10 file with ps3mediaserver in the same setup as above:

720p high 3.1 cabac 4 ref frames

Could it be choking on 16 ref frames or is is not able to transcode both hi10 and 16 ref frames?

Is a full reencode the only way?

Edit 2 - also I have "remux instead of transcode whenever possible" unchecked in both spots, forgot where they were but there were two places and I unchecked and saved but still won't transcode the videos..

Edit 3 - I found an alternative that half works.

I got xbmc installed on my computer and used bubble upnp to browse it on my tablet. I got the 480p hi 10 video file to play. It took a bit to start but then played smoothly in the moboplayer video app.

I tried the 720p video but I only get video and no sound. Well actually the sound started for a second or two but cut out. The video is playing but a bit stuttery. The 480p was fluid with audio and sound.

So I might almost have a way to do this. Without buying a new tablet that is.
    Last edited by yoda313; 4th Jan 2014 at 23:20.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any ideas on this issue?

Also is there a list of tablets that can actually play hi 10 h264 files natively? I might consider getting a used one this year if there is a confirmed list of tablets that do successfully play hi 10 natively.

I"m guessing a quad core tablet is needed to have enough horsepower to do it in software mode. Unless they have developed a video chip that can handle hi 10 natively?

----------------------------------

I guess for the time being I'll need to reencode high def hi10. Since it seems like I can stream standard def hi 10 I can save some reencoding.

Other input is welcome. Thanks.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote