VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I am converting my family's memories onto my computer. I bought a used Sony CCD-TR400 Hi8 Handycam. Everything was working fine. (I am also using Elgato video capture into my iMac.) I came across a tape that seemed to have nothing on it. Then another. Sometimes they play just a blank, black screen, other times snowy static. But the timecode is moving so I know somethings there. After a third one, I thought something was wrong, so I went back to one of the tapes I had successfully transferred. (I transferred five but have 13 more to go.) That one didn't play, again, just snow. Or black. Even though it had already played it.

So, I put in a new tape in the camera and recorded with it. And played it back. Everything seems fine.

Well, of the tapes that I had already transferred, only the LAST one I successfully did will not play back.

However, none of my yet to be done 13 will play, either.

I can't believe they are all bad or in any way corrupted, but if that tape caused an issue with the camera, how can that record and play. Or play the other 4 tapes that I transferred already?

BTW, I did try to re-set the camera to its factory default with advice from a Sony tech. Nothin'.

Any ideas on what's going on? Solutions? Help! (I can't afford to pay to have 13 tapes transferred.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you try another cam with the problem tapes - perhaps at a used camera store?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am seeking one out.
    Quote Quote