VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have been having problems with the hauppauge hd pvr2 and blackscreen.The tech people at hauppauge told me te unit was faulty so i had it replaced but had the same problem. I tried another xbox and the system worked, The tech people in hauppauge now tell me that the voltage output from my xbox hdmi is lower than most xboxes (for some reason)and when the signal splits via the hd pvr its not strong enough for the system to work,contacted xbox and they dont know what im talking about. Help please
    Quote Quote  
  2. If they're correct, it seems to me you should be able to boost the signal with a powered HDMI splitter or amplifier.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Or try a different HDMI cable.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    blackscreen ? ... on what

Reset console video output to lowest res ... there was also an update which caused this fault, a factory reset should clear this.

With the working console did you try the hdmi cable from it on the suspect console and reverse ... if not then do so to confirm hdmi cable is either defective or not, some are junk.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    with the working console i used all the same cables it worked everytime
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    If they're correct, it seems to me you should be able to boost the signal with a powered HDMI splitter or amplifier.
    im new to all this stuff,could it be the cause,could i pick up this stuff in the like of Maplins
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maplin's website has two boxes that look like they are active/amplified HDMI splitters with one input and two outputs, but you should verify that they are not powered by HDMI before you buy. Active/amplified splitters have a power supply that plugs into a household electrical outlet (mains power).
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/2-way-hdmi-splitter-n08gf
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/trulink-2-way-hdmi-splitter-n99na

Amazon.co.uk shows additional choices.
    Quote Quote