VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi......can someone tell me what the most straightforward way to tell what region a DVD is? A friend of mine was asking me if the new Volbeat tour edition DVD was region 0, as he's getting tired of waiting for the U.S. release. I honestly don't know, it just plays, but my DVD player is set to play any region. It doesn't say on the disc or the packaging, but I put it in dvd decrypter, which is a very old program, and it shows several regions....is that accurate? I thought it would either show one particular region, or 0. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wanted to double check it against another program, or is that a waste of time?

Attachment 22433
    Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Softwares never AFAIK quote Region 0. It will either be a single number or a group. As you probably know 1,2,3,4,5,6 is equivalent to 'ALL'

If you use a PC player like Power DVD you will always get a message if the region does not match your player and you will be told the region that is expected.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Softwares never AFAIK quote Region 0. It will either be a single number or a group. As you probably know 1,2,3,4,5,6 is equivalent to 'ALL'
    Ok.....that's what I thought, but wasn't sure. I didn't know they don't show Region 0

So it sounds like this DVD is all regions then.
    Quote Quote