VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello guys and gals.

I'm new to all of this so I apologise if i am asking a stupid question.

I am wanting to put all our old home camcorder tapes onto my PC to then burn to DVD. I use Virtualdub to capture direct from the camcorder via RCA cables.

This works great however I am getting a slight audio sync issue.

The audio starts around 3 seconds before the picture and carries on through out the capture. This happens on all 3 that I have tried so far.

I have tried the interleaving option, and audio sync options on Avidemux and MPC, however although this makes the sound go in slow motion. Deep voices, visual then slowing down etc.

How do you set this correctly so that the audio syncs with the video without affecting the pitch of the audio?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. MPC-HC: The + and - keys on the numeric keypad adjust the audio delay. It doesn't effect pitch. The amount of delay should be displayed in the status bar (check View/Status from the top menu if it doesn't). When it appears to be correct and you know what to use.....

Audio/Interleaving is where the audio delay is specified in VirtualDub. Open the previously captured video (AVI, I presume) adjust the audio and save it as a new AVI while using Direct Stream Copy for the video encoding method. I've never known it to change the audio pitch. If it does, something odd is going on.

I guess ideally it'd be preferable to capture from the camcoder with the audio already in sync, but unfortunately I can't help you there. It's not the sort of thing I've done very often.

If you don't have any luck, try saving a short sample of a problem video with VirtualDub and attach it to a post for others to try.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks very much. I shall try this in a short while and report back!
    Quote Quote