I've recently bought the Japanese Trigun on DVD. It's Region 2 NTSC-J. I have a bit of a problem, which I'm hoping someone here can help me with.
On almost every frame where someone is moving or talking there's frame blending. I thought it had something to do with interlacing - I tried everything I could on AVIsynth, but nothing prevailed.
My good friend bob() was the closest I got to getting rid of it. I've searched across this forum and many people had a similar problem, but none of their tricks worked on my video. I've tried seperatefields and others, but nothing.
Here's a few pictures of what I'm talking about:
Both of them
I thought it was interlacing at first. I spoke to a friend and he said it seemed to be frame blending, but he said you normally get that on badly converted PAL DVDs. He didn't know what to do to the footage, but suggested to come to this wonderful forum and ask here.
I'll add the video.
I'm hoping I'm not being ignorant or offending anyone with this question.
Also, I generally use AVIsynth for real life video. This is the first animation I've been trying to use on it. So, don't be shy to hit me with something you think would be too complicated for me. I should be able to manage.
I have a feeling this is a bit simpler than I think it is, but I'm having one of those moments.
Any help would be appreciated.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
I haven't seen your sample yet, but frame rate conversions usually involve field blending. That can mostly be removed via a smart bob followed by SRestore().
Yes, after seeing the sample:
Mpeg2Source("Trigun.d2v", CPU=6, Info=3) Yadif(mode=1, order=1) # or QTGMC() SRestore()
Last edited by jagabo; 27th Dec 2013 at 23:34.
Thanks for getting back to me.
I've tried that before. It didn't get rid of it all, which you say.
Noise is not a problem to get rid of. I was more concerned with the blending.
I'm guessing there's no way of getting rid of it all.
This worked pretty well:
Mpeg2Source("Trigun.d2v", CPU=6, Info=3) RequestLinear() Yadif(mode=1, order=1) Crop(10,2,-6,-0).AddBorders(8,2,8,0) DeStripe(rad=2, offset=0, thr=100) SRestore(frate=23.976, thresh=35)
By the way, following up my earlier script with some heavy temporal denoising will eliminate most of the residual light ghosting. For example, MCTemporalDenoise(settings="very high"). Though that will cause some loss of detail in some moving shots. And if you use MCTD you don't need DeStripe. Sample attached.
Mpeg2Source("Trigun.d2v", CPU=6, Info=3) RequestLinear(rlim=50,clim=50) Yadif(mode=1, order=1) Crop(10,2,-6,-0).AddBorders(8,2,8,0) SRestore(frate=23.976, thresh=35) McTemporalDenoise(settings="very high") Toon(0.5)
Last edited by jagabo; 30th Dec 2013 at 22:46.
Then while your at it you might as well dehalo and upscale.
Mpeg2Source("Trigun.d2v", CPU=6, Info=3) SetMtMode(2) RequestLinear(rlim=50,clim=50) Yadif(mode=1, order=1) Crop(10,2,-6,-0).AddBorders(8,2,8,0) #DeStripe(rad=2, offset=0, thr=100) SRestore(frate=23.976, thresh=35) McTemporalDenoise(settings="very high") Dehalo_alpha(rx=2, ry=2, brightstr=1.5) Toon(0.5) Santiag() nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline64Resize", fwidth=960, fheight=720) aWarpSharp2(depth=10) Sharpen(0.3)