VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have 2 video clips that I want to email to a friend as mp4 files (or should I use another format?). The original size is was more than 100 MB. I used the template settings:

The size of both clips reduced to approximately 70MB each, that is far more than the 5 MB per clip that I want.

I then changed settings:

What settings are recommended to reduce the size of each clip to less than 5 MB?

Another question, since I have previously just used editing programmes with "fixed" conversion settings (mostly Pinnacle and also captured from Pinnacle). To reduce for instance AVI to MPEG 2 for DVD, what are the best settings to use?

I have a Canon Legria HV40, which is a HDV camera and I capture on 1920x1080, "comp out 1080i", which I presume is 1080 interlaced.
    I have never been completely happy with the image quality of the DVDs and would appreciate comments about these settings as well.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    File size = bitrate * duration. The only way to get your file down to 5mb is to reduce your bitrate by a factor of 14 (from 1st pic.). It can be done, but you'll end up with mush. Reduce the image size (as you have in pic 2) and use 2 pass encoding to hit your target.

For HDV to DVD deinterlacing to a single field can often help make it feel sharper. The SD image will never be as clear as the HD.
    Quote Quote