VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there

I am in Australia & just purchased this player but have found that quite a lot of MP4 & MKV files won't play the audio, even though the same videos do so in other machines.

I have the player set up through coaxial, as it's the only setup available in my theatre room, so I don't know if it works via HDMI (will give it a try to see what happens).

There isn't much to change to the audio in the player's settings, so I don't know what I need to change there? However, will programmes such as MKVMerge possibly help by maybe tweaking something to the audio in order for it to play properly???
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by magnu View Post
    I am in Australia & just purchased this player but have found that quite a lot of MP4 & MKV files won't play the audio, even though the same videos do so in other machines.
    The new one has different audio requirements than the "other" machines.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, I have just tried this player on my LCD TV, using HDMI, and there is still no audio? I have hundreds of videos, some are avi, some mkv, & some mp4. There's nothing wrong with the leads going into the player, as I'm still getting audio from some of the files. As yet there's no sound with mp4's I've tried, yet I get audio from all avi's, but very, very few mkv's?

This machine claims to play a lot more than others that are out there, including Region Free Blu-Rays & even DVD-Audio???

However, I have to say it's the worst piece of junk I've come across in recent years, so it's going back to the shop first chance I get!!!!
    Quote Quote