VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i am trying to get my roxio game capture hd pro working in graphstudionext. I had registered directshow spy filter to connect to the graph. Problem is, if i try to replicate the preview, i can't create an aac audio pin to go with h264 video pin with the mpeg2 demultiplexer. Anybody know how to do that? Also, i do not know how to adjust the bitrate, size and resolution of the hardware encoder. also, i dont even have an encoder filter to use? Anybody happen to know this? Thanks for any good replies.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	625
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	22213  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't have experience with this device, but you didn't connect the audio output of the crossbar to the Analog Audio In pin of the Video capture filter. You may find the settings of the hardware encoder if you right-click on that filter. If the audio still doesn't work, you could swap out your current Audio Decoder with ffdshow.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi and thanks for your reply. After connecting the audio pin, All i get to modify is these properties. What is the latency tab do?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	937
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	22226  

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	22227  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	22228  

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	22229  

Last edited by Milardo; 20th Dec 2013 at 13:14.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you'll get different setup results in different OS's. in any case..

the roxio does not expose the ENCODER configuration filter, so you can't set the bitrate, resolution, etc. its the same way with the elgato card. you have to first install the software suite that comes with the card, set up the bitrate, resolution, etc., and then save that (close down the app) and restart it to see if it recalls the last settings you gave it.

once the above is met, *then* go back to the graphedit / graphstudio / graphnext app and create the graph again, and *save it* and make a backup copy of it in case you screw something up. and vuala. its the same way with elgato card, i think you said you had that or maybe i was reading somewhere else. anyway. this should work for any card that does not expose the ENCODER configuration setup dialog. but unfortunately, you can't have "templates" of these, you know.. no multiple bitrates/resolutions, etc. but at least it works. at least with the roxio, i can now record and watch video at the same time, though not that it matters.

oh, b4 i 4get... if you haven't installed the software suite, the defaults used is 3Mbps bitrate and the first resolution you feed it. but i suspect that the resultion will change as you connect the appropropriate wires...component vs hdmi.

good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi thanks for your reply, i only have the roxio card, do you have this card as well? It's not very stable graph, it crashes a lot. If you have the roxio, what does your graph look like? I think i tried to set the program at 720p closed it and then opened the graph but it didn't keep the resolution at all, just stayed at 1920x1080. By the way, what does latency tab do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the graph below allows me to capture and preview at the same time.
    i tried adding audio but it was mute during capturing.

but you don't need it if you are just capturing since the "video.ts" file holds both audio and video.

Last edited by vhelp; 22nd Dec 2013 at 13:35.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    note: the "ArcSoft MPEG Demux" filter does not save the settings (pin connections) so you end
    up with those filters severed. so whenever you close down and restart graphstudio, the Arcsoft
    video decoder and video render filters will be under the rest of the filters. you will have to reconnect
    them each time you start up a saved graph. its a real pain to have to do all the time. but some members
    sware that it saves *all* of their settings and they don't have to reset the filters each time.
    so to test this, i suggest to save the filter once you have it working. then, close graphstudio down.
    then, restart it and open your saved graph. if the settings look the same, you are good to go, otherwise,
    you will have to redo some of the connections.

if it fails, do what i do (since it fails on my system too) so what i do is save the graph like this, below.
    then, i just double-click it every time i want to record something.

Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi and thanks for your reply. I don't have the arcsoft demux filter or any arcsoft filters registered on my system. The smart tee filter is probably what i am looking for preview/capture. One needs an audio pin on the demux filter (aac?) to get audio with the preview, does the arcsoft filter support this? Do you have the arcsoft filter from some other program? Also i think if you are using component video/audio inputs, that is where "analog audio in" needs to be connected i think. Lastly, are you able to adjust the bitrate and resolution of the graph from the roxio software, then apply that to your graph?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry for the confusion, i forgot the differences. yes, the ArcSoft filter is part of the sw suite/driver files from the hauppauge hdpvr. so you may not have it on yours.

since i can't get the roxio sw suite to install on my desktop pc, i can't say for sure what will pop up on your system to add as filters in the graphstudio graph setup.
    roxio may not play friendly and you have to dig for these things to find and discover what "muxers" and "decoders" roxio installed on your system to to add to the graph.
    i have not gone that far in mine. i was able to install it on my netbook but am having trouble with it due to the minimum 1024x768 video resolution requirement for the sw suite to work.
    i've been playing with it all day.

on another roxio related note...i discovered that my toshiba dr430 does output 1080p resolution and the roxio picks that up and records that and set the bitrate to 15/16Mbps, 20Mbps peak.
    however, i that was only one capture session and i didn't save it since i overwritten it. now all the videos i've been capturing are 1080i interlaced. so i am trying to figure out what i did to mess that up.

Code:
    Bit rate mode           : VBR
    Bit rate mode           : Variable
    Bit rate                : 15859553
    Bit rate                : 15.9 Mbps
    Maximum bit rate        : 20000000
    Maximum bit rate        : 20.0 Mbps
    Width                   : 1920
    Width                   : 1 920 pixels
    Height                  : 1080
    Height                  : 1 080 pixels
    Pixel aspect ratio      : 1.000
    Display aspect ratio    : 1.778
    Display aspect ratio    : 16:9
    Frame rate              : 29.970
    Frame rate              : 29.970 fps
    Frame count             : 474
    Resolution              : 8
    Resolution              : 8 bits
    Colorimetry             : 4:2:0
    Color space             : YUV
    Chroma subsampling      : 4:2:0
    Bit depth               : 8
    Bit depth               : 8 bits
    Scan type               : Interlaced
    Scan type               : Interlaced
    Scan order              : TFF
    Scan order              : Top Field First
    Interlacement           : TFF
    Interlacement           : Top Field First
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i ment to come back here and update with new info on the roxio as i was testing it, but was busy with many other things. anyway.

unfortunately, i am not able to use the roxio software suite on my desktop and netbook pc, so i could not test the Resolution and Bitrate settings for you. instead, i was only able to get a graph built and use that for my testings. thus, the roxio is usable on both computers in this way.

however, i am not able to change the resolution/bitrate through the graphedit / graphstudio / graphstudionext software, so due to this limitation, the only bitrate i could obtain was through the device determing it for me when connected to the source device in question. thus, the bitrate available in this sitatuation, were the following:

Code:
    480i/p  at aprox 3 to 4Mbps
    720p    at aprox 8Mbps
    1080i/p at aprox 15 to 16 Mbps
    the way i tested these recordings was through the use of two blu-ray players, a Philips and a Samsung, and a dvd recorder with 1080p upsampling, and also a $40 stand-alone hardware analog-to-hd upconverter box.

it may be possible to change the bitrate when using the roxio software suite, but as i said earlier, i could not test that for you.

below are the graphs i used on the roxio gamecap hd pro.

special notes for the graph setup:
    1. you need two filter drivers for this to work: "ASVid.ax" and "ArcDemux.ax" and both are from ArcSoft.
    2. if you don't have these two in your system and registered/installed, the graph won't work.
    3. and, they both have to be a certain date in order to work at all, or they won't connect. i learned this the hard way.
    4. if you don't have the filter drivers, then you can at least record video (blindly) using the method outlined in post # 7 above. the "video.ts" in that picture is through the "dump" filter in graphstudio.
    5. you should use the Tee/Sink-to-Sink filter always. it is better than the other "sink" filters. its design purpose is to copy the (A/V) contents so you can split them into as many separate components as necessary in a graph, plus, it was the only filter that allowed me to prevew (and play audio) in realtime while capturing.
    6. to include realtime audio during capturing/recording, you need to add the "MPEG-2 Demuliplex" filter.
    then, manually create the PIN connections:
    name=Audio,
    Media Type=ATSC Audio (AC3)
    then hit the Create button, and then OK.

* capture to .ts (audio/video) file with preview in realtime

* capture to .ts (audio/video) file with preview and audio in realtime
    * at the moment, the audio playback in realtime has problems. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. can't figure out why, yet..still testing.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote