VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have two video files (about 50 MB) that are the same computer animation, but 1 is in Spanish, and the other in English.

Is there a way where...

1) I can extract the audio from both AND THEN

2) Use a video software player to play the video file where it asks me which of the two audio extracts I want to use for audio? (One of them being in English and the other in Spanish).

I'm assuming the audio for both files won't be a total of 50MB, so this would save me Dropbox space.

Also, how do I create subtitles for both audios (the only one I know of is an srt file)? Once created, how do I use the video software player to...

1) Once I play the video request which of my audio extract I want to play it with and WHICH subtitles I want (the Spanish or English)?

My goal is to not have to have each of several files 2 times, 1 in English and 1 in Spanish, AND to have the flexibility of let's say playing the Spanish Audio with English Subtitles.

Is there a software that can do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Small clarification. Each of my video files is 50MB and I want to reduce my cloud storage space. I don't see a need to keep multiple video files of the same thing where the only difference is audio (different languages), and have option for subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. You cAn for example make a mkv with two audio tracks using mkvtoolnix / mkvmergegui. Add both your video files. Remove one video track. Make a mkv.

If it fails then provide more information about your video files.
    Quote Quote