VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just converted a gazzillion mkv to mp4 and I noticed the default audio settings:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	225
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	22207

This is not mono is it? - I dont want to do them all again
    Quote Quote  
  2. 2.0 is stereo (or dual mono if that was the source.) However, you may be destroying your sound just as effectively with heavy dynamic range compression.

Edit: Can't you tell when you listen whether it's stereo or not?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jethrouk View Post
    Just converted a gazzillion mkv to mp4

You should have found a solution to whatever your problem was that did not require this, even if it cost money. Plenty of devices exist that can play MKV files. Such a conversion should not have been necessary unless you're married to iTunes or some kind of Apple device.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    2.0 is stereo (or dual mono if that was the source.) However, you may be destroying your sound just as effectively with heavy dynamic range compression.

Edit: Can't you tell when you listen whether it's stereo or not?
    Not watched/listened to any yet - but im fine with defaults proving it is stereo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you real ?

No one converts masses of files without watching/listening to any of them. If they are not up to your expectation then you only have yourself to blame.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Are you real ?

No one converts masses of files without watching/listening to any of them. If they are not up to your expectation then you only have yourself to blame.
    I don't so I'm not real either ..... we all have a diferent drummer ..... Happy Holidays to you all ..........
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Are you real ?

Used Mkv2mp4 which coverts a batch of 20 videos in as many minutes

Gazillion was a slight exaggeration )
    Quote Quote