VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Thanks to poisondeathray's idea of using "SimpleWrapV2" for pagecurl effect, I modified the setting to support 1080p project size. I also figured out how to save settings preset. I made a preset for both left and right pagecurl directions. I'm including it in a zip file. Just copy the folder to Aviutl root. You can rename the folder if you want. They will show up in the "Filter Effects" list.

This effect was created for a 1920x1080 project, but should work on a smaller size as well. It won't work on larger sizes without modifications however. Attached is the zip file and an example video clip:
    Finally someone outside Japan starts creating FX files... i'm moved
    Quote Quote  
  2. muffinman123
    here's a problem that crashed the program. when I right click add a temporal denoise filter on the timeline, it either gives me a black screen, or it crash the program. am I supposed to add filter through the timeline bar or through the main screen filter menu?

can someone tell me how the filters work?
    on the main screen there's filter and filter+, but in the time line bar you can also right click and add filter objects.
    how do these 2 methods affect each other? the main screen filter menus don't seem to affect the video in real time, only the timeline filer objects do, so are they applied during processing?
    Last edited by muffinman123; 26th Aug 2014 at 06:24.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    here's a problem that crashed the program. when I right click add a temporal denoise filter on the timeline, it either gives me a black screen, or it crash the program. am I supposed to add filter through the timeline bar or through the main screen filter menu?

can someone tell me how the filters work?
    on the main screen there's filter and filter+, but in the time line bar you can also right click and add filter objects.
    how do these 2 methods affect each other? the main screen filter menus don't seem to affect the video in real time, only the timeline filer objects do, so are they applied during processing?
    [Filter] menu serves as a quick ON/Off switch.
    [Filter+] will pops up a setting dialog (enable/disable by checking the little box on top-right corner)

On the NLE, Avoid all "Filter objects" that also appears in main menu (Filter/Filter+).

The NLE is actually a filter like the Delogo and NL-Means. Some filters will only work on videos loaded through AviUtl main program while not working as expected if loaded through NLE. You may also need to change the Filter Order (Filter+ > Filter order)in order to achieve the desired effect.

Using Filter+ with the NLE simultaneously is not recommended excepts simple resize operation.
    Quote Quote  
  4. muffinman123
    so does the main filter menus only work on videos loaded through the main screen? or does it also work on the timeline bar videos when I output the videos? is there a way to preview the main menu filter results?

if I am outputting videos using x264, is there a way for me to resuse the stats and mbtree files as template to speedup somehow? say I didn't change the video orders but added other filters like color correction and denoise and stuff, is there a way for me to take old stats into account when encoding?
    Last edited by muffinman123; 26th Aug 2014 at 14:28.
    Quote Quote  
  5. There is no way to reuse the stats / mbtree . Since you changed the filters, it's effectively a different video anyways to x264, so you wouldn't want to reuse them
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    so does the main filter menus only work on videos loaded through the main screen? or does it also work on the timeline bar videos when I output the videos? is there a way to preview the main menu filter results?
    Main filters will only be effective if their priority come after Adv. Editing, and applies to the whole screen (not on individual video object)
    If you need to do deinterlacing or denoising, perform it beforehand, prior loading to the NLE.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post

if I am outputting videos using x264, is there a way for me to resuse the stats and mbtree files as template to speedup somehow? say I didn't change the video orders but added other filters like color correction and denoise and stuff, is there a way for me to take old stats into account when encoding?
    If you are using multi-pass and want to keep those stats files:
    In the encoder GUI, Click [MISC] > [Auto multi-pass] tab, and uncheck "Delete status file automatically".

Does it reuse old stats file? I don't know, haven't tried it myself.

If you are on a 64-bit Windows, you can point the GUI to use a 64-bit version of x264 that you may download separately. The bundled x264-8bpp is 32bit build. The 64-bit x264 should work faster, but your mileage may vary.
    Quote Quote  
  8. muffinman123
    Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    Main filters will only be effective if their priority come after Adv. Editing, and applies to the whole screen (not on individual video object)
    If you need to do deinterlacing or denoising, perform it beforehand, prior loading to the NLE.
    are you saying I should put advanced editing at the top of the filter order list so the main menu filters can take effect?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    are you saying I should put advanced editing at the top of the filter order list so the other the main menu filters can take effect?
    Yup. If you insist on using global filters with the NLE.
    I'd recommend you to pre-process the source files with AviUtl(Base), before composting in NLE.
    Quote Quote  
  10. muffinman123
    well that's great. being able to preview every setting live and all makes it easier to adjust things.
    but is there a guide on how all the filters work in aviutl? some of the settings are quite weird
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    is there a guide on how all the filter settings work in aviutl?
    All? Nope. I have written on some commonly used functions however:
    http://mavericktse.mooo.com/wordpress/the-unofficial-aviutl-guides

see section A for those global filter functions.

Many slider settings have mysterious functions(or simply way too technical)... so a full documentation is difficult.

You may share you findings in this thread:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/366724-Aviutl-Tips-Tricks-and-Support-thread

but I don't have the energy to do all the controlled experiments to find out which parameter does what...not getting paid anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  12. muffinman123
    do you know what the advanced color correction filter does? in the lower boxes, it has a tv to pc conversion and vice versa, and it seems to work pretty well for me. I have no idea why though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe this can explain: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_matrix

Basically PC = PC range 0-255, TV = TV range 16-235.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  14. muffinman123
    aviutl seems to be able to read my project files on a windows 8 computer with no codecs installed at all other than native ones. it uses libdev smash reader to do it so it takes a long time to load the files. that's fine though, as long as it works I am all good.

but I came across another problem, the program also crashes because ntdll.dll for avi/avi2 reader seems to fail every time it reads a specific file in my directory. so far my temporary fix is to move avi/avi2 reader to the bottom of the priority list and hope aviutl never uses it, but I have no idea what's causing the crash because the message is in japanese and my computer doesn't have the font to display the error.
    Last edited by muffinman123; 27th Aug 2014 at 18:54.
    Quote Quote  
  15. muffinman123
    in here it mentioned using nnedi3 as resize filter, but I looked at the nnedi3 filter and it only process the frame without changing the size.

how do I use nnedi3 to upsize in the timeline bar? my other graphics are already upsized, so I guess what I will do is load each video and then upsize using advanced editing.
    Last edited by muffinman123; 27th Aug 2014 at 19:40.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    in here it mentioned using nnedi3 as resize filter, but I looked at the nnedi3 filter and it only process the frame without changing the size.

how do I use nnedi3 to upsize in the timeline bar? my other graphics are already upsized, so I guess what I will do is load each video and then upsize using advanced editing.
    You have to check "Use as upscale filter" AND increase "rfactor" value.
    rfactor=2: double size; =3: x4; =4: x8

No guarantee to work with the NLE.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    aviutl seems to be able to read my project files on a windows 8 computer with no codecs installed at all other than native ones. it uses libdev smash reader to do it so it takes a long time to load the files. that's fine though, as long as it works I am all good.

but I came across another problem, the program also crashes because ntdll.dll for avi/avi2 reader seems to fail every time it reads a specific file in my directory. so far my temporary fix is to move avi/avi2 reader to the bottom of the priority list and hope aviutl never uses it, but I have no idea what's causing the crash because the message is in japanese and my computer doesn't have the font to display the error.
    Please post in this thread:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/366724-Aviutl-Tips-Tricks-and-Support-thread

Together with the MediaInfo analysis report of your AVI file in concern.
    Quote Quote  
  18. muffinman123
    obsolete, message removed.
    Last edited by muffinman123; 28th Aug 2014 at 02:50.
    Quote Quote  
  19. muffinman123
    so there's "change size", "clipping and resize", and "resize filter", but "change size" and "clipping and resize" don't mention what method they use to do the resizing.

EDIT:
    alright, I just understand what you meant, so I am using nnedi3 to upsize by rfactor, but you mentioned that rfactor needs to be 2 or 3. when I checkmark the "use as upscaling filter". rfactor kept getting stuck at 0 and 1, what do the settings do when nnedi3 is used for upscaling?

I heard that nnedi3 introduces center shift, does the aviutl plugin already have the solution builtin for this problem?

and then I need to downsize to get to the aspect ratio I am looking for, which filter should I use to go with nnedi3?

ahh so close to figuring this out, I just need to figure out the order of upsizing with nnedi3, downsizing with method yet unknown, and figure out which order to put denoise spatial and temporal, and also ringing cancel and advanced color correction.
    Last edited by muffinman123; 28th Aug 2014 at 02:53.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    so there's "change size", "clipping and resize", and "resize filter", but "change size" and "clipping and resize" don't mention what method they use to do the resizing.

EDIT:
    alright, I just understand what you meant, so I am using nnedi3 to upsize by rfactor, but you mentioned that rfactor needs to be 2 or 3. when I checkmark the "use as upscaling filter". rfactor kept getting stuck at 0 and 1, what do the settings do when nnedi3 is used for upscaling?

I heard that nnedi3 introduces center shift, does the aviutl plugin already have the solution builtin for this problem?

and then I need to downsize to get to the aspect ratio I am looking for, which filter should I use to go with nnedi3?
    You are not paying attention enough... at least in the "resize filter", there are a number of methods: Sinc, Area average, etc.
    For other resize plugins, assume the simplest linear interpolation.

NNEDI resize in x2, x4, x8... if your original image is already quite large and the resulting image would exceed 1920x1080(in any one dimension), the rfactor slider stuck.
    You can loosen this limit at FILE>SETTINGS>SYSTEM

Center Shift: last slider

For significant upsampling(double size or above), NNEDI3>resize filter(area average)>clipping
    Quote Quote  
  21. muffinman123
    regarding volume normalization, what does the slider value mean? I output a wave file with normalization values at 192 and 128, and I couldn't really tell the difference.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    regarding volume normalization, what does the slider value mean? I output a wave file with normalization values at 192 and 128, and I couldn't really tell the difference.
    see https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/366724-Aviutl-Tips-Tricks-and-Support-thread?p=2345...=1#post2345049
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  23. muffinman123
    ah... my source was too loud, no wonder I didn't notice any difference...
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Yeah.......this won't replace my NLE (Vegas), but I will be saying goodbye to Virtualdub. This is just as quick, yet a lot more features and options..........
    I would not recommend abandoning Virtualdub completely since there are a few operations can not be done in AviUtl or somewhat complicated---
    1) Export a list of keyframes for use with AegisSub
    2) Direct stream copy
    (probably some more?)
    Sorry I am late to the game. Guth's deshaker 3.1 needs virtualdub for pass1 for sure.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Yeah.......this won't replace my NLE (Vegas), but I will be saying goodbye to Virtualdub. This is just as quick, yet a lot more features and options..........
    I would not recommend abandoning Virtualdub completely since there are a few operations can not be done in AviUtl or somewhat complicated---
    1) Export a list of keyframes for use with AegisSub
    2) Direct stream copy
    (probably some more?)
    Sorry I am late to the game. Guth's deshaker 3.1 needs virtualdub for pass1 for sure.
    Please stop pushing this vdub plugin... it is getting annoying.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Well I've got the 3-D panning and tracking down about as good as I'll ever need from this program..........
    Very inspiring Racer!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @MaverickTse: Dude, your sites link to virus :O I wanted to download your subtitle removal tool and try it out, but Avast blocked the entire site with URL:Mal infection alert. The virus is on hxxp://69.6.223.30/wordpress/archives/1403 (disabled link generation). You should clean up your sites in order to make your sites available to most people...
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by CZghost View Post
    @MaverickTse: Dude, your sites link to virus :O I wanted to download your subtitle removal tool and try it out, but Avast blocked the entire site with URL:Mal infection alert. The virus is on hxxp://69.6.223.30/wordpress/archives/1403 (disabled link generation). You should clean up your sites in order to make your sites available to most people...
    It is Avast's fault. It is a known false positive.

There is another subtitle remover that shouldn't provoke the AV alert:
    http://mavericktse.mooo.com/wordpress/archives/2053
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, result is too noisy. Looks like I have to find another version of the movie
    Quote Quote  
  30. Hey there,

I'm wondering if there's a good way to have an object follow a path like in Flash (at least the old Flash, not sure about now).

I want to have an image in the background and only mask a portion of it like a mystery sort of thing.

A path like random zigzag with a round (or anything) see-through mask that moves around the screen showing a portion of the image.

Is that even possible?

Thanks Wizzards.
    Quote Quote