VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to get VOB2MPG working on Win 8 Pro X64. I get the error message 0xD0000135. A search indicated that I need MS .NET Framework 2.0 installed. When I search the MS site using the term .NET Framework 2.0 and Windows 8, I get a link to a program called MS.NET COMPACT FRAMEWORK. I see versions of .NET 2.0 for older versions of Windows but not Win 8.

Has anyone installed MS.NET COMPACT FRAMEWORK and successfully launched VOB2MPG?

i.e. I don't want to install anything that is unnecessary on my system.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Take a look at this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

This line particularly: Use the .NET Framework 3.5 for apps built for versions 2.0 and 3.0 as well as 3.5.

I use Vob2Mpg in Windows 8.1 Pro 64, but have not installed anything extra to do so. However, Vob2Mpg only works in IFO mode for me in this operating system. The vobset mode starts, but does nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. On my Win 8 computor (can't upgrade to 8.1 probably due to symlinks) .NET frame is enabled as describe in Kerry56s link.

Can't run VOB2MPG (only tried IFO) mode.

See also comment (now) #3 to VOB2MPG.

Using MPEG Streamclip instead.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I already have .NET 3.5 activated on my computer.

I tried to run VOB2MPG is both Win XP and Win 7 compatibility mode but both gave me the same error code.

I installed MPEG Streamclip but it wants me to uninstall QuickTime, install QuickTime Alternative 1.81, then re install QuickTime. I'll do this if necessary, but I'd rather not since, as I recall, QT installed a bunch of processes that I have stopped. (I'd rather not do that again.)

My original objective is to rip one DVD to one mpg file (with 5.1 audio), preferably without re-coding. I have a couple of programs that will rip the individual VOB files but I'd prefer the rip to be one file.

Are either VOP2MPG or MPEG Slipstream the best alternatives?

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Well, you could do a two step process. Use VobMerge to get all of the vob files into one large one. Then use DVDVob2Mpg to create one mpeg file from that.

DVDVob2Mpg won't merge them together for you, so you would need to combine them first. Be careful when installing DVDVob2Mpg, as it has some "interesting" add-ons installed into your system if you don't opt out of them.

You could also just rename the big vob file from VobMerge, and put an .mpg extension on the end of it. This usually works ok. I generally prefer to use Vob2Mpg.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Well, you could do a two step process. Use VobMerge to get all of the vob files into one large one. Then use DVDVob2Mpg to create one mpeg file from that.

DVDVob2Mpg won't merge them together for you, so you would need to combine them first. Be careful when installing DVDVob2Mpg, as it has some "interesting" add-ons installed into your system if you don't opt out of them.

You could also just rename the big vob file from VobMerge, and put an .mpg extension on the end of it. This usually works ok. I generally prefer to use Vob2Mpg.
    VobMerge and DVDVob2Mpg worked perfectly!!!!!

Thank-you for all the help!

Edit for additional info....
    OK It "kind of" worked. The original DVD contained both 2 channel and 5.1 channel audio. The video resulting from the above process resulted in a file that included both audio tracks. I can play it on the computer but I can't tell which audio track in playing. When I move the file to my media player (WDTV), only the 2 channel audio will play.

I re-ripped the DVD using DVD Shrink and only ripped the 5.1 audio and again processed the rip to create one MPG with only the 5.1 audio. Again the audio played on the computer but I get no audio on the media player.
    Very strange!

I'm off to find a solution.
    Last edited by cottage; 16th Dec 2013 at 14:06. Reason: Additional Information
    Quote Quote