VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I have a Sony HX750 dvd-recorder that I record stuff from TV with. I have up until now used Traxdata 4x DVD-RW discs to copy recordings for the purpose of editing on the computer or whatever. The Sony burned on them fine and finalized them, if I selected finalizing.

Now my Traxdatas are old and worn, and I bought some Verbatim DVD-RWs to replace them. The Sony burns fine on them, but there is no option to select finalizing, and if I use the Sony's manual finalizing after the burn, there's a finalizing process but my PC sees only the VR track! In other words, the Sony are not able to finalize these RWs. They are 4x compatible. They also have a '2' in their logo; DVD-RW2. The new discs is version 1.2 whereas the old Traxdatas support version 1.1 and higher.

The Sony has not had such problems before, and I am thinking the only change is the discs. Any suggestions what might be wrong? Wrong media type? What does the DVD-RW2 mean?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Duh!

I found the solution. There was a special place in the Sony to format -RWs. Could not use the normal formatting procedure. [Slaps forehead!]
    Quote Quote