VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi,

Im using Vegas 12 pro to endcode to MPG2 for the purpose of making DVDs.

I have been using Neat Video Pro to take away some of the grain in my footage, which is does quite well,
    however I am getting some random split second pauses or glitches in my final output file.

Neat Video forum is suggesting that there maybe an issue with the codec.

Can anybody recommend a 3rd party MPG2 Codec that is as good as Mainconcepts MPG2 that will install
    into Vegas, so I can do some more testing.

Cheers
    Scott
    Why is an intelligent man's vote, worth the same as an idiot's vote in a democratic election system.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think they are suggesting the problem is with the input codec, not the output codec. What's your source?

(And there's really nothing wrong with Mainconcept these days)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The source file are Image sequence JPGs created by software attached to a Frame By Frame scanning Unitfor 8mm and Super8 projector Films. The quality is quite good, but a bit grainy, hence why i'm trying to slightly clean
    the overall presentation up for all of my clients.

I have very few settings to adjust the output. i could try Tiff seq or .MOV as an output and giver it a try

these are my only output options.

Thanks for pointing my brain in that direction.

I'll do a few experiments

cheers
    Scott
    Why is an intelligent man's vote, worth the same as an idiot's vote in a democratic election system.
    Quote Quote  
  4. That's really interesting. Pure conjecture here, but there may be some issue with the way Vegas and Neat reference and compare frames that makes an image sequence problematic.

Maybe try rendering a short section to an uncompressed video file without applying Neat, import that clip into Vegas and try applying neat to that clip. See if it makes a difference.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    framerate mismatch?
    Quote Quote